• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen PO QC issues

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I own this model PO and I suspect what's at issue here is what is often at issue with most watch photos: the representation of fine details are distorted by the camera angle. Lighting and white balance can affect, too.

I'd be stunned if this is a rep.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
The 6 and 9 to me are such a weird font that they often look wonky at any angle. The PO in the link looks spot-on to me except the bezel doesn't align to 12.

IMG_6960.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
People seem to see things in rep qc that aren't really there at times. Most of the time pics angles etc can do a great amount of making things look skew when they are not, and often people have this preconceived notion that because they are buying a rep something must be off a little. Just look at the '20' on the gen bezel above, it's crooked and dips in the middle :) , really its just an optical illusion, I don't know how many times people have picked this up on qc of a rep. Also on an odd occasion there might be a slight marker skew in a gen. I've heard of it happening on a couple of watches coming back from service for instance.