• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with movement and crown not staying in

Tader

3/5/15
Hi RWI,

I did a stupid thing, but it sure has been a learning experience. I'm asking for help with putting a strange (I haven't seen other ones like it) chrono quartz movement back together. I was too stupid to look up how to take off hands before I did this, so I assumed you could pop the gear system for the hands out of the back and then take off the hands, how I was wrong. I now know I just need to pressure take off the hands from the front of the face. But in my adventure of taking apart the watch a couple loose parts went flying when taking off the backing. I'm asking for help in figuring out where they go (like a puzzle!). If anyone could offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to see if they were related to chrono by putting it back together, but they don't seem to be, and also the crown won't stay in anymore! Nor will it move the hands (so I think it's related to both of those things).

Here's some pictures of the carnage

jZhfjzq.jpg

MjufRJZ.jpg

(some more here http://imgur.com/jZhfjzq&THNgEDT&hxhpwK0&409OFZK&MjufRJZ#0)
Any advice or direction to other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tristan

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Good luck. Wish I could be of help. I think you've found the reason why people don't normally take apart quartz movements and they just replace them instead.

I took an OS20 chrono movement apart once and figured out that, like Humpty Dumpty, instead of all the kings horses and all the kings men, only the proper machinery could ever put it back together again.

I think your only hope is, if there's any identifying marks on the movement, you might be able to look it up on Google and find something out about it or replace it. If not, you're pretty much screwed unless you can figure it out.

D

d4m.test

Congrats, You are an open-minded, interested, technically oriented and adventurous spirit. Diving head-on into the challenges.

Many of us are keeping "the first" stored away somewhere in a plastic box and they look a bit better or much worse than this.
It´s an unsolvable riddle to figure it out, keep it as a trophy, if You get a replacement movement from Ofrey or China, fine,
otherwise just look for the next watch:)
The good news is - normally it happens only once and the next time precaution measures are in place, the previous viewing
of You-tube vids and disassembly pictorials from rwi for the specific movement do the rest. Welcome to the tinkering Club:)

Tader

3/5/15
So I got two on, but can't figure out where the third goes. Any ideas? And yeah, I've been thinking about just getting a new movement, but don't know how to measure it.