• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Crash - Really this difficult to rep?

ChungusThe3rd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/21
Germany
Hello there,
I have been part of many discussions regarding potential Cartier Crash Reps and the argument I always hear is that it is just too difficult to produce.
But in a time where RM Tourbillons and different Case Shapes getting repped, this feels hard to believe...
On the other hand I feel like there is quite a large amount of people wanting this, so there should not be an issue with demand either.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Demand is what typically gets watches repped. That being said the first few versions would likely be very bad. Look at how many years it took to get a Daytona with a 4130. RM's are still not close on the movements. I can tell you that the demand for Cartier Crash watches is no where close what it needs to be in order to get the attention of the rep makers.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
There’s now a good rep of the Cartier crash, i mean a decent looking one. But the main issue is that it’s unbranded, and not sold by our trusted dealer… You can fin it easily on dhgate or ali. I asked several sellers if they could sell it with the logo all of the refused

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
My guess is that there's no rep of the Crash as it would immediately expose the wearer as a fraud. Since few customers would want to be outed wearing a fake watch, demand is extremely low. There are some homages of the crash out, "Dali" watches, and they are quite affordable. And if you are indeed a billionaire like that Kardashian ex-husband -- forgot his name -- who has one, you'd not be asking for a rep anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: rolex4me

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
There’s now a good rep of the Cartier crash, i mean a decent looking one. But the main issue is that it’s unbranded, and not sold by our trusted dealer… You can fin it easily on dhgate or ali. I asked several sellers if they could sell it with the logo all of the refused
It's a thick watch tho