• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all suppliers? Dive,Dive,Dive.

konigwolf

10/2/08
Just a wee request If any our suppliers are reading, I love my Bell & Ross reps but would love to see the U-Bout Thousands of Feet repped think its even cooler than b&r's and at 50mm would be a big mother
seen this one on timezone they where asking $7000 for it so its not a cheap watch! and with a thicker body than br01's they could get a decent movement into it.
TOFC-50-CAR-BKWH.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I am pretty disgusted by the brand [smilie=icon_puke_r.gif] and its design... Wannabe brand that wants to enter luxury watch market. It's huge and looks ridiculous on the wrist, even if you have an 8" wrist size.

PS: Nevertheless, it's a matter of taste. Gen is using a standard ETA7750. To charge 7000 dollar for such a watch is a total rip off IMHO.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
dont even get me started on these watches. i already wrote novels about it....

this watch is ASIAN MADE with a swiss 7750. costs more then any gen name brand...SINN - IWC - DAMASKOS - PANERAI - etc.etc.

in my opinion....every made up and 500% purely fictional background about these UBOOT watches it BULLSHIT. this watch should cost max. 800-900 $

and thats rip off already ? 7000 $ ?? is this guy on glue ? he must have his whole head in the glue pot !

konigwolf

10/2/08
OOPS! seem to have touched a nerve? been on jura watches site and they sell the full range costing £1800 to £3000 and they arent a dodgy company they sell lots of highend watches.
I still like them id pay couple of hundred dollars for a rep if they where a good copy.
I mean who decided to rep ROMAIN JEROME titanic dna watches they are horrible looking things
I have an 8.5 inch wrist so anything under 42mm looks like im wearing the girlfriends watch.
would just like some different makes repped, what about the non instrument range of bell&Ross like the hydromax the chinese seem obsessed with br01's and im yet to find an accurate one.

RNav

27/6/07
LOL!! Don't take these kind of remarks personal. I also happen to like the looks of the U-Boat and also feel a rep would be cool. But H_U is correct that the brand is offering a "luxury look and feel" Asian for an extreme profit. All he is saying is that stock Swiss ETA 7750 watches (i.e. Hamilton, etc) go for around $800-$900. A high end replica will get you the same quality as the U-Boat $7000 watch. That's the point.

R Nav

konigwolf said:
OOPS! seem to have touched a nerve? been on jura watches site and they sell the full range costing £1800 to £3000 and they arent a dodgy company they sell lots of highend watches.
I still like them id pay couple of hundred dollars for a rep if they where a good copy.
I mean who decided to rep ROMAIN JEROME titanic dna watches they are horrible looking things
I have an 8.5 inch wrist so anything under 42mm looks like im wearing the girlfriends watch.
would just like some different makes repped, what about the non instrument range of bell&Ross like the hydromax the chinese seem obsessed with br01's and im yet to find an accurate one.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
There are seemingly hundreds of these small companies with stock swiss movements in their cases and commanding top dollar. Man there is one born every minute. Then there are companies like RGM that until this year did not produce their own movements, but do amazing modifications to the stock movements. RGM is producing an inhouse movement this year making it the only American company doing so.