• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buy superfranken or keep waiting for gen??????????

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
Hi guys

So proud to be in forum , I bought from members some replica watches , and we are in this forum as team , I just want advice from you guys, I'm crazy to buy superfranken dj 41 mm ,

Do you advice me to buy superfranken , and with superfranken did I burn my fund ??? Or I keep wait for one year to by gen one

​​​​​​Superfranken now or gen after 1 year

Just i need your advice brothers

Cheers

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
If you’re saving money and only a year away from the cash to buy a gen then I would wait.

I’ve owned Franken watches and they are amazing but you still want the genuine even if they are almost visually identical.

A year is not too long and the satisfaction of buying the gen with hard earned money will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
Superfranken will hold the value - and also the market here it’s waaay faster than the gen market so you are not going to take a big lost in case you get the franken and selling it to grab a gen.

If you are a one watch guy get the gen (no doubt) but I think it will be nicer if you keep saving while wearing your franken

Reactions: Gab miyamoto

Picksk

18/6/20
I would wait for a year and grab a gen. Nothing beats the feeling of wearing a gen, I mean don’t get me wrong, I have a bunch of reps and love wearing them as well and have never been called out. It’s just that the satisfaction and happiness I had from buying me own gen watch was never beaten.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I happen to own a gen 114060 and a superfranken 116610ln - to be honest, I prefer the franken. I feel much more comfortable wearing the 3k franken than 9k gen. Even if I get totally wasted and lose it, it's much better to lose a franken;)

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
I can understand from you guys the superfranken it's holding the value as gen , I'm going ahead to have superfranken ( all parts it's gen except the case and bracelet) , and it's hard to find superfranken dj 41 for example, it's my favorite guys , I have some gen watches and some replica, believe the replica (super lone) I feel more comfortable and I be active as I wish ( not give a care of I scratch the watch case) hehe

Cheers

Reactions: TimeTwo2

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I happen to own a gen 114060 and a superfranken 116610ln - to be honest, I prefer the franken. I feel much more comfortable wearing the 3k franken than 9k gen. Even if I get totally wasted and lose it, it's much better to lose a franken;)

my franken 114060 is all gen besides movement, case and bracelet. very comforting to know if it got real beat up you can swap all the gen parts to a new case and bracelet for around 500 bucks. It's kept me from going gen. Afraid I won't wear it anymore.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Either gen, Or very googd rep. , nothing in between. I dont believe that you wont lose money on a superfranken. As soon as it gets expensive, it gets hard to sell a franken. Once on your wrist, you dont see any difference between a good rep and a gen. But the feeling wearing the watch is completely different, believe me. If you have to save one more year to buy the watch, it will be a very special feeling once on your wrist, which a franken never can provide.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Everything but ****** is gen is still NOT gen. Even if no one will ever call you out for wearing a replica watch, which is the main fear that gets people heading down the superfranken path, YOU will still know it is a rep and the satisfaction of wearing a gen is completely different than wearing a rep. The only real justification for a superfranken is if it is a watch you would never contemplate buying as a gen. However, if you really intend to buy the gen, then what is the problem with waiting another year ??? Besides, a superfranken of a Rolex is going to set you back 3-4k these days and that is a lot of money spent on an item which is still potentially worthless to everyone ( in real terms ) except a very niche target audience ( people on rep forums ).

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Honestly, I say go with what you like. I own both Franken and gen pieces and love most of them.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
A gen. Will,raise in value and can be sold everywhere, Ebay, Chrono24, Jewellers, Pawnshops, everywhere, anytime you need the money. A Franken can only be sold on a rep. Forum, and as laws are changing these days ( at least in Germany they are preparing new laws for copyright infringement), maybe selling a rep. Can become a serious crime very soon, you never know. In this case, your franken will not only be illegal to be worn , but impossible to sell.