• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 243 info

Tiny0318

Horology Curious
23/8/13
Hello all,

I've been searching for details on PAM 243 for a while, but would like to ask everyone for your opinion:
1. Which TD should I purchase from?
2. If I decided to go with Noob, is V3 same as V2 pretty much? (or I even read that V2 is better)
3. Are there still any ETA7750 PAM243 available?
4. If I get the A7750 version, who should I send to mod? (I'm in Seattle area)
5. What are the recommend mods or service for A7750 to make it reliable?

Thanks for your opinion and suggestions

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
1. From the TD who has it (seriously, most reps can be sourced by all of them, it just takes a PM or email to confirm).
2. To paraphrase Neo in the matrix, there is no V3. ;) Only V2 is the latest and the best from Noob.
3. Again, ask the TD.
4. Location should not matter. Just look at the feedback for each modder and what work they did.
5. Just good old servicing will do.

Brtis

24/2/13
I've had a noob 243 for about a year.

1. Any TD can source it. I got mine from Toro and it was a positive experience.
2. See last post.
3. Ask
4. Choose a ws as you would your dealer.
5. Mine has never been serviced and it gets 3-5 days per week use. It's more stable in this because no chronos, but read and follow a few simple rules:

a. Never set the date within several hours of midnight in either direction. Manually changing the date when the gears are engaged to change the date can strip them.
b. I have never once hand wound mine. I set the time if it has stopped then swirl and shake the watch to get it going. It runs like a dream and the power reserve is good. Avoid excessive hand winding.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Noob makes the watch. A TD is just a middleman. They do not make the watch. There is no V3. It is just a 2nd batch of the V2. The 7750 is reliable. I have an H fac 243 for over a year now. It's a good and heavy watch.

Tiny0318

Horology Curious
23/8/13
Thanks all, Im working my way through with toro, hopefully he reply soon!

Tiny0318

Horology Curious
23/8/13
Anyone knows which TD offers lube and WR? Toro does? Also heard of VAC pam243, what is that mean?

Thanks again

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
VAC is a modder. He modifies watches. Also, it's probably best to have your watch lube and WR by a local watch smith.