• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB vs GEN

motogra

Horology Curious
10/11/09
hi friends
.... SORRY IF I HAVE NOT READ ALL POSTS

FOR EXPERTS

someone can 'tell me
The main visible differences between SUMARINER NEW model
NOOBfactory than the GEN ??

THANK !!!
PERRY
MOT :)

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
Movement :p

if you cant see them yourself why are you worried? ^_^

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
if you are worried that people will call you out, don't. Only members here will know the flaws. gen owners wont because they dont care about rep flaws - they have a gen! All most people will look at is "if the second hand ticks, its a rep, if it sweeps, its a gen!"

fersi

Known Member
1/7/09
At three feet there is no difference......Your wallet feels much lighter with the gen though....

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Wear expensive looking cloths and none will think it,s a rep.
Just dont trow around your porsche keychain and wear trashed jeans in a watchshop!
On a serious note, just like previous posters said.
There are the "usual" flaws but they aint big, so no worries and get one of the custom made submariners.
yes they are a little more expensive but not compared to the gen.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
There are a lot of differences, maybe hundreds of differences if you took both apart and compared each component part rep to gen.

But, from three or four or five feet away they will look "identical" to 99.9% of the people who see it and that is remarkable.

Remember, replica manufactures are not trying to manufacture gens, or even anything very close to a gen "part for part." They are just trying to replicate the look of the gen as best they can for a certain price point. How can anyone expect a rep that costs less than one tenth the price of a gen to be anything like the gen part for part? It would be impossible. I am sure the Chinese could produce a 99% true part for part Rolex for half the cost of a gen Rolex or maybe for one fourth the cost of a gen Rolex if they wanted to, but most reps we buy cost us around 1% of the cost of the gen. When we learn enough to obtain the better reps we are getting a really remarkable deal.

Lets be reasonable in our expectations here.

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
if you have the money for a gen, buy the rep and try it out. i just bought a 99dollar omega po and as much as i would like a real one i will never spend the $3k+ to get one, its just not that much better to me($3k). and from what i have read here i could get a much better rep than the one i have. but no; this one is fine. a rep sub will run you what, 50usd-300usd? sounds like a cheap way to find out how much you really want to spend an additional $5k? more maybe i don't know what a real rollie costs anymore, i will never buy another one...

motogra

Horology Curious
10/11/09
thanks guys !!
I have no experience mods ..
I see so much confusion in the sales sites

I tried only the best replica (about 1:1) for classic SUB
for your experience (apart from ... NOOB)
NOW WHAT IS THE BEST REPRODUCTION AVAILABLE?

thank for assistance:binoc:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
bklm1234's WM9 V3 or V2 by a long shot. It's the only one that takes gen parts like crystal and bezel.

Col.

motogra

Horology Curious
10/11/09
bklm1234's WM9 V3 or V2 by a long shot. It's the only one that takes gen parts like crystal and bezel.

Col.

HI trailboss99

I live in france
Can you tell me
where can I find the best possible price this watch (... If you can find it)

friend .. thanks for your patience :)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
it's for the whole watch, but this watch has dimensions, that will allow it to take on gen parts such as crystal and bezel. no need for that though imo :)