• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer Beware

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Fuck you!
Nbc GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

mkkmkkmkk123

Horology Curious
20/11/22
late to the "drama", but heres my take on the issue.

i run a few businesses myself, some are low cost household commodities, others are big ticket items that cost 4 digits.

To the seller, in this case Ryan, your order is just another business. just another few hundred bucks. but you as a buyer represents a lot more than that few hundred bucks hes going to earn off your 1 time purchase. there is no reason, whatsoever, that he will jeopardize his potential relationship with you just to earn that extra few hundred bucks. if he felt it was a legitimate claim, he would have done it for you.

especially in this industry where watch buyers are mostly repeat customers, and its sort of develops into an addiction similar to cars, bags, sneakers and clothes. So as a seasoned businessman, Ryan will for sure understand this point, and i believe he has been exercising this philosophy of business all along. this is perhaps the same for many TDs if not all of them.

They even offer to give a replacement watch when your watch gets seized by customs. Although this might be seen as marketing tactic to give assurance to buyers, even if they did not explicitly state this in their site, they will probably still send it out if it gets seized. This is not because they earn a huge margin from selling these watches. in fact their margins are about 20-40% max (this is based on the info i got from a friend in guangzhou), so it really is about keeping customers happy, making sure they keep coming back. this is the chinese way of doing business, which can be frowned upon or misunderstood by the people from the west.

i'm a chinese myself, and i believe strongly that unless Ryan has reasons to suspect fraud, or cheating, there is no way he'll not honour the warranty on the watch. You removed the sticker and attempted to stick it back, this is red flag number 1. I've had countless encounters with buyers who attempt to defraud us by using similar methods. So I'm happy Ryan did what he did and insist on his policies because this is what makes a good and reliable business.

it doesnt really matter if you genuinely receive a faulty watch, remove the sticker, stick it back on. because you refused to accept the reason behind his refusal to "honor" his warranty. you could have worked something out with him. because from what i read, you were more concerned in him trying to "honor" his warranty rather than get your watch fixed. maybe asked for a discount so that you can take the discounted amount to a local watchsmith to get it fixed? your reluctance in discussing any solutions is another red flag for fraud.

anyway, i havent bought from Ryan before so i cannot vouch for him. but this was indeed a you problem.
Fuck you!