• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulgari Octo Finissimo BV 7mm.

pip72

21/2/19
Im late to the game on this. I need this! How's it keeping time? What dealer?
Yes this watch is awsome super slim and super light I bought it from Jtime. I had to specifically tell them the 7mm version and make sure they measure it in the QC with callipers.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@SuperLory

Depends how big the ladies wrist is. It sits very nice, very slim and hugs the wrist when ya manage to get the links out & it sized correctly.

At 72g, the Ti one must be amazingly light to wear.

But if the lady is very petite it could look huge.
Maybe that's the look she likes though 🤷‍♂️

Also, depending how small, I can't remember (and dont have it to hand, both in office now, but maybe some of the photos will show) how many removable links there are. So maybe there is a minimum size of wrist it will suit. Ya don't want this watch loose imho.

Best of luck, its a cracking watch.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
yeah I would be banking on the slim and bracelet like profile more than anything because I know she likes smaller watches

but she likes this one for sure

maybe we share it..

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
yeah I would be banking on the slim and bracelet like profile more than anything because I know she likes smaller watches

but she likes this one for sure

maybe we share it..
Looking at my QC pics in post 29, it does look like there are a good few removable pins (maybe one with it on hand now can confirm exact number for you?) but I think all purchasers so far will agree with me when I say they are a pain in the h0le to get in and out, so best of luck ;)

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@P..DR..D wanna do a group order? We can swap around if we dont like it. Im game for black / blue / grey.

I actually have the black and blue versions, just not to hand as they're in the office at the mo, but they are really nice watches and the blue is finally back from a round trip to China :)

The new titanium ones certainly do look appealing (and the weight is unreal) but I tried the 9mm one out recently, after trying the GEN in a boutique, thinking I'd love it, but strangely didn't, so maybe the colour not for me 🤷‍♂️

The pictures above are tempting though, so maybe 2023 🤪

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I almost bought the gen 2 or 3 years ago (cant remember, time flies lol), but the gen bracelet is just too sharp and I wasnt about to file down the edges of a €1.500 gen bracelet.
And since I need metal, when its available, I left it in the boutique. The sales wench was dissapointed. 🤣
And lucky you! :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks bro, they are lovely watches.
And the minuscule variance in thickness to gen on the SS models is astounding, not sure how they achieved it.

Only those in the know would notice the sub dial misplacement, but not something I'm overly concerned about :)

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Well, it seems the movements are not very robust, so I guess if theres demand, they will keep improving (which Id like to see).

Honestly I hold BVLGARI in very high regard, because excluding indies, they did the most amount of work and progress in the past few years. And the pieces they produce are not only visually striking and interesting, but demonstrate the one thing we all love in mechanical watches - technical innovation and high level of watchmaking, in both technical design and finishing.

Yes the reps are not perfect, but honestly for the money, the fit and finish of the visible parts is excellent and the minute differences can be itterated upon. Which I hope they will.

Reactions: pip72 and P..DR..D

pip72

21/2/19
Well, it seems the movements are not very robust, so I guess if theres demand, they will keep improving (which Id like to see).

Honestly I hold BVLGARI in very high regard, because excluding indies, they did the most amount of work and progress in the past few years. And the pieces they produce are not only visually striking and interesting, but demonstrate the one thing we all love in mechanical watches - technical innovation and high level of watchmaking, in both technical design and finishing.

Yes the reps are not perfect, but honestly for the money, the fit and finish of the visible parts is excellent and the minute differences can be itterated upon. Which I hope they will.
I let my power reserve all the way down and I had problems getting the watch up and running. I gave up and waited a day and tried again and finally, it started up. Does anybody else have an issue with this?

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
Got mine two days ago (black and grey).
What a brilliant design, super comfortable (and with precise length adjustment capability) bracelet.
Overall a very worthy sucessor to Genta´s Royal Oak, and a very good job from Bulgari.

I was worried the off-position small seconds would bother me more than it does.
My eyes are pulled onto the fantastic case geometry, not he dial, and even less to the small seconds.

Mrlemonwaters

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/22
How is the winding with this one? Imo this looks a lot cleaner than some of the counter competitors

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
How is the winding with this one? Imo this looks a lot cleaner than some of the counter competitors
You mean manual winding?
It's OK, if you have miniature fingers.. Mine is smooth-ish but need some force to move, and the crown is too small to be ergonomic to me.

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Hi guys, i read all the pages and i was surprised that no one, maybe just one who sent it back, had any problem with moviment noise. Is it possible that I was unfortunate enough to order 4 and all 4 have a movement that noise like a helicopter? Ok, I thought usual miyota issue, I'll send them to silence. But no, I had to buy the specific key, but it didn't help. to remove the tree you need to remove the rear crystal, which is very thin, so there is a high risk of it breaking. the button to unlock the tree is behind and the dial is fixed to the movement with screws. big trouble.

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
Hi guys, i read all the pages and i was surprised that no one, maybe just one who sent it back, had any problem with moviment noise. Is it possible that I was unfortunate enough to order 4 and all 4 have a movement that noise like a helicopter? Ok, I thought usual miyota issue, I'll send them to silence. But no, I had to buy the specific key, but it didn't help. to remove the tree you need to remove the rear crystal, which is very thin, so there is a high risk of it breaking. the button to unlock the tree is behind and the dial is fixed to the movement with screws. big trouble.
Yes, mine is noisy.
I have bought the special "screwdriver" for the pentagonal screw heads, because I plan to open the ewatch. My plan is to try to remove the noise and also I plan to try and do a dial for mine ( I bought two for this purpose..).

Bad news that it's a tricky job ( but that's part of the charm I guess :)

I don't understand what you mean by "tree".

Reactions: vcappp

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
The tige, the winding stem. I asked to factory and waiting reply.