• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulgari Octo Finissimo BV 7mm.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I took the round end out of a Bergeon 6767-F and used it as a punch to remove the link pins.
Very comfortable watch, but needs to be kept wound to maintain accuracy.
I didn't take it off during the test, maybe the rotor needs to be heavier, it's noise wasn't that noticeable;
04/03 1510 wound to full, set
04/04 1510 2 seconds fast
04/05 1510 24 seconds fast
04/06 1510 ?
04/07 1510 142 seconds fast

Last edited:

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
Is it painted on the titanium dark grey too?
Just to clarify.. I've only seen the grey and black rep dials. Comparing to photos of the grey dial (rep vs gen), the color seems different. I don't know if it's painted or brushed.

mr.habibbi

Looking Around
10/6/20
My understanding is/was that it was brushed SS (made to look like Ti) but when my SS one weighs 107g with a couple of links out, and @Swiss_goupil's weighs 81g, I have no idea how they managed it.

It must feel super light on the wrist because at 107g its already awesome.

Not sure if any simple tests exist that can be conducted to check for Ti?

Separately, I finally got an answer back from my TD who supplied the below options for the 7mm range & said they are available presently.

where do u find these pics from?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Truetime168 / Lucy

She doesnt have a website, but can source most, if not all, options available on the bigger TDs websites if you send her an email with what you're looking for.

Full disclosure, with Lucy, orders take months, not weeks, many months, so manage expectations accordingly. Check reviews. Communication will be sporadic etc, but she delivers, eventually & I have ordered from her 6 times already.

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
I wanted the silver/grey dial on steel. But as many of you pointed out the dial on the rep is painted instead of brushed like the gen (and gen/rep blue).

Do any of you know when BV Factory would release a more Gen like brushed dial for the grey/silver dial?

I’m holding out. And it’s getting annoying that they didn’t correct this simple mistake.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@Db9s

It's a beautiful rep for the price.
You're paying 400 vs ~10k.

Probably not much demand tbh so unlikely they will correct, but never say never.

I had both the black and blue (pics in this thread) & both were lovely watches but are now with a friend who is enjoying them, yet I am contemplating ordering them again :)

Reactions: dk2852

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
@Db9s

It's a beautiful rep for the price.
You're paying 400 vs ~10k.

Probably not much demand tbh so unlikely they will correct, but never say never.

I had both the black and blue (pics in this thread) & both were lovely watches but are now with a friend who is enjoying them, yet I am contemplating ordering them again :)
Yeah. I saw them both. Love the blue finishing. But lately I’ve got a LOT blue watches. (Nautilus, Royal Oak). So I’m trying to avoid blue although it’s tempting me.

The Octo finisimmo isn’t $10k. The gen now a $20k watch and out of stock online.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oh wow, coulda swore the last time I checked, a good while ago, it was €10k in one of the boutiques here, but not surprised it's up to $20k.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Oh wow, coulda swore the last time I checked, a good while ago, it was €10k in one of the boutiques here, but not surprised it's up to $20k.

You can pick them up significantly cheaper used.

While they look great off the wrist, unless you have a massive wrist they look awkward on wrist, very boxy. The steel models are a bit too shiny for my tastes.

Reactions: P..DR..D

kiasunkiasi

Known Member
16/6/23
Malaysia
went to Bvlgari boutique during my short break...
this is photo of gen Bvlgari Octo Finissimo...
price is VND 337mil which is approx. USD 14k, 7% Vietnam tax refund available...

the watch is very light and bracelet felt nice on skin and hugging...
only thing is I have a rather big knuckle, the bracelet without any adjustment is just slightly bigger than my knuckle, so after went in, the bracelet will be too loose on my wrist
I presume this will also be the same for rep Finissimo, so this watch will have to go away from my list...

Reactions: VixLa3

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Mine says hi

K2Ib2D.jpeg

K2Ixnk.jpeg