• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC sub LV build

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
I'm currently waiting on my franken BPSD to be finished and get here. I acquired it from UBPFC but it's currenty with tagfan1 to fix the small issues.

The past few weeks, I kept reading on TC subs. Now I feel like I want one. I want the Green bezel LV. I would like to ask for suggestions on which version and mods to be done to make it a great rep.

Im thinking gen bezel insert is the one that is needed since the shade of green is a little off. What about the crystal is there a big difference between the gen and tc?

My options are :

buy a new one directly from tc and just try and acquire a gen insert and call it a day?

or

Wait for a tc LV to pop up in m2m and see how much mods are done into it depending on the $$?

Do you think I can do a nice build for under $1100?

thanks
KP

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
They are nice out of the box.. I say buy one from TC. wear it for a few months and then decide what you would like to do.

I was happy with a stock LV with gen crown... Im upgrading to a gen dial / hands in my future build.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
IMO,400$ and more for gen lv aluminium insert is ridicoulus and absurd... i have very franken sd too and new tc lv. tc insert is perfect vs $$$ for gen. Tc Crystal too but if you want just the Lec go with gen

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
gen hands will not fit a 2824, will fit a gen 3135 or yuki 3135

they can be modded to fit but imo the TC hands are pretty damn good for the price.
gen hands will run you about a $200 or so.
you could also buy some Tudor hands.

Ubpfc

Renowned Member
2/5/14
United States
I think the TC insert is gorgeous. No one will ever call you out on it. Only people on here would notice any difference imho. I always think a gen crown is needed on any build but that's just me. I just don't understand TC going to all that trouble to build a great rep but not to engrave on the case/bracelet. Someone else may know the answer.

PreA

Known Member
19/5/13
I think the TC insert is gorgeous. No one will ever call you out on it. Only people on here would notice any difference imho. I always think a gen crown is needed on any build but that's just me. I just don't understand TC going to all that trouble to build a great rep but not to engrave on the case/bracelet. Someone else may know the answer.

Hes factory refuses to engrave due to copyright.

Conquerer

27/5/15
Hes factory refuses to engrave due to copyright.
Isn't building a "Rolex" copy already bad enough...? Don't see how a little engraving suddenly breaks the copyright.

Edit: Ok nvm, the factory that makes the case I guess is what you mean, not TC himself. Fair enough that they want to stay out of the mess.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
The TC 16610 and LV is so damn close to a Gen, engraving the case would flood ebay with a lot of TC's claiming it to be Gen. Makes sense ?? Too delicate to do that. That's perhaps why. ............... That is one way to fly under the radar, and avoid too much heat.......accept it for what it is.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
gen hands will not fit a 2824, will fit a gen 3135 or yuki 3135

my gen 3135 hands on Eta

IMG-20140821-WA004_zps949bymmq.png

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
The TC 16610 and LV is so damn close to a Gen, engraving the case would flood ebay with a lot of TC's claiming it to be Gen. Makes sense ?? Too delicate to do that. That's perhaps why. ............... That is one way to fly under the radar, and avoid too much heat.......accept it for what it is.

yes +1000

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Those who want perfection in a TC sub with all the right between the lugs engravings so you can fool your filthy rich uncle into believing its a Gen, then send it to Phongs, pay up well, and be happy.........."Here you go uncle, my Gen Sub in a NATO strap, seeeeee the nice engravings hah !! Lol !! If it still does not believe it, go buy a warranty card from JAFO !! ................................ maybe that will finally convince the old foghorn !!

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
I just don't understand TC going to all that trouble to build a great rep but not to engrave on the case/bracelet. Someone else may know the answer.

Personally, I don't think he wants the associated trouble. It's a thin gray line between an "infringing product" and a "counterfeit product". Only TC knows the real answer... but that's my guess... That and it helps keep costs down if there is less work to be done on the case.

awltoga

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/12
I would say you have to figure out what you want for yourself. OTB it is great. I just picked up the latest LV from TC and it's amazing. Zero worry about being called out if that is your concern. I think the only "necessary" mod would be a gen crown. And possibly bevel the lugs. Best advise was above, "wear it for a few months" then decide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
They are nice out of the box. I had already sourced gen parts for mine, his new insert is very good but since I already had the parts I used them. Also shaped the lugs and cgs softened the case and bracelet. Re Polish and re brush. Most of that is just personal preference. I do like the AR cyclops though and to me was worth the expense. Also put in a high grade Swiss ETA for durability.
d1283aa64a50aba890f5525a1e0803d5.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy