• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF 116509 Daytona releases (blue dial, silver dial & black diamond dot dial) - coming soon?

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
would you mind showing it in natural light? also is it plating or wrapped?
Here's a shot from today and it is plated.
zvmiBv.jpg

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Really need to see if the other bezel is well produced if the font is slightly better but polishing and form is worse then it isn’t worth it. Have a guy who sells solid white gold ones.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I saw some for sale on ebay that claimed to be solid WG for $950... What are you looking at? Seems silly, but why not 🤣!?
There is no contrast in your pictures. One simply has more lighting on it than the other. WG and SS are different shades, but not something you could ever notice. Google "white gold vs ss blind test", no one passes.
I also purchased the watch, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the dial color. It's truly hard to describe. When you take the photos, it looks darker or even has a slight purple hue, but in person, it's a beautiful blue. I always subscribed to the mentality that the photos don't lie, but the dial just looks different on the camera vs in person. I don't know whether it's the BTF crystal/dial or the way the gen reflects the light, but it really is a nice blue. The photos above do a relatively better job than the prior photos.

Here's mine with the gen dial. I'm going to replace almost every part with gen (e.g., hands, dial, bezel, crown, pushers), so I'll follow up to show a before/after.

But here's a sneak peek in the interim.
zuwjPi.jpg

zuuDn5.jpg
Nice gen dial. Last i saw they're going for 6-8k.

Reactions: Meicmo84

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
would you mind showing it in natural light? also is it plating or wrapped?
You won't see any difference. People can't pass blind tests between them. Some white gold will look different than some stainless steel, but barely.

Take his picture and use a color picker on it. There's effectively zero difference in color.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
You won't see any difference. People can't pass blind tests between them. Some white gold will look different than some stainless steel, but barely.

Take his picture and use a color picker on it. There's effectively zero difference in color.
Here's a couple of pics I just took of the WG plated noob and SS BTF...the difference is very slight indeed.

zvP1E2.jpg
zvPn3E.jpg

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Here's a couple of pics I just took of the WG plated noob and SS BTF...the difference is very slight indeed.

zvP1E2.jpg
zvPn3E.jpg

I find your pics to be a bit deceptive as Rolex white gold does not actually look that tinted. Rolex uses palladium and platinum to achieve the same look you'd get from old rhodium plating (how they used to do it).

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I find your pics to be a bit deceptive as Rolex white gold does not actually look that tinted. Rolex uses palladium and platinum to achieve the same look you'd get from old rhodium plating (how they used to do it).
To add on what I said, Rolex white gold is white all the way through, your white gold is normal plated white gold without a rhodium plating finish. Rolex uses a custom alloy that's white all the way through and does not require rhodium. You can also call Rolex's gold "grey gold", at least Watchbox does.

If you want to comparisons between gen white gold and stainless steel, you must have a rhodium plated rep, else the comparison is basically pointless. Your watch does look different than stainless steel, but its because of that lack of rhodium plating.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
it's not just the wrong 4 in the bezel, it's also there is no depth at all..it looks printed

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Did anyone try out this bezel?
Is it same quality and better print compared to the original BTF bezel?

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Currently waiting on my blue dial-
But wondering why can't they just bring out a basic 116520 in white or black? 🙄

Would love to have one of those
Haha or update the 116500 with an improved dial 😍💫🌟✨

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Currently waiting on my blue dial-
But wondering why can't they just bring out a basic 116520 in white or black? 🙄

Would love to have one of those
Haha or update the 116500 with an improved dial 😍💫🌟✨
unfortunately in China almost no-one wants steel bezel models...

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
I really don’t understand why the white gold watches are not white gold plated.

Everyone who says the color is sooo similar is quite color blind to me 😂

Reactions: emdeevee

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Haha yeah I love the watch- although mine is still on it’s way to me 😂

That’s why I am a bit critical. Feel it is left out. Everything gets plated except the watches I want to buy and like most 😂🙈