• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF 116509 Daytona releases (blue dial, silver dial & black diamond dot dial) - coming soon?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I
One last thing would you say the dial color is better now , or did they improve it?. I remember when people were disappointed with the early pics from factory saying it’s too purple blah blah
I highly doubt there has been a dial change already though it's possible early pics were just a prototype. I do think think this dial is a tad darker than gen but to some extent I place more priority in my own liking of a piece than in its similarity to gen.

I really like my old Noob 7750 blue dial and still would like to put it in a 4130 case. It's a project that constantly drops off the bottom of the list though.

16270684807640.jpg

16231029134306.jpg

16216126070432.jpg

16216124042171.jpg

16216120217360.jpg

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
One last thing would you say the dial color is better now , or did they improve it?. I remember when people were disappointed with the early pics from factory saying it’s too purple blah blah
I also purchased the watch, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the dial color. It's truly hard to describe. When you take the photos, it looks darker or even has a slight purple hue, but in person, it's a beautiful blue. I always subscribed to the mentality that the photos don't lie, but the dial just looks different on the camera vs in person. I don't know whether it's the BTF crystal/dial or the way the gen reflects the light, but it really is a nice blue. The photos above do a relatively better job than the prior photos.

Here's mine with the gen dial. I'm going to replace almost every part with gen (e.g., hands, dial, bezel, crown, pushers), so I'll follow up to show a before/after.

But here's a sneak peek in the interim.
zuwjPi.jpg

zuuDn5.jpg

Last edited:

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Would you say that bezel is better enough to swap ? Thinking of getting this blue BTF Daytona
I'm not gonna lie, it's hard for me to notice the print on the bezel with it being metal with black inlay color. It's a lot easier for me to distinguish the font on the ceramic bezels with silver inlay. To me, it's not worth swapping and the trouble of making sure nothing is on the dial or crystal before putting back together or the bezel not being aligned accurately afterward. To each their own though.

Reactions: KJ2020

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE

here bro
Thanks bro,
what are the pro’s against the stock bezel and is the colour also closer to whitgold?
and is it a big difference in size and bevelling and engravings to the stock bezel?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob has released some new models, including a blue dial 116509

zubYhW.jpg

Gen on right
zub1sQ.jpg

zuby9S.jpg

zubIRP.jpg

Reactions: dogwood

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

zubYhW.jpg

Gen on right
zub1sQ.jpg

zuby9S.jpg

zubIRP.jpg
Very interesting. My guess is this is some small wild cat factory selling under the name "noob" for marketing purposes (not unlike how a small factory which was not BBR used the name BBR to sell the new RMs with clone movements). The other new "noob" daytonas on puretime look like a mish-mash of daytona parts, see specifically the 116506 Platona model which has so many errors on the hall marks and engraving that it's clear whoever was designing / assembling it had no idea what they were making.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The numbers aren't bad - proper height placement and close to correct thickness. The letters are too spread out laterally.
Yes. The numbers placement with respect to the triangles is good. However the "Units Per Hour" font is really bad. And the numbers font is too thin for my eyes.

I looked at the NOOB ceramic bezel Daytona's and the font is much, much better. I realize that SS is not ceramic but they really have to work on that (or whoever produces them).

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes. The numbers placement with respect to the triangles is good. However the "Units Per Hour" font is really bad. And the numbers font is too thin for my eyes.

I looked at the NOOB ceramic bezel Daytona's and the font is much, much better. I realize that SS is not ceramic but they really have to work on that (or whoever produces them).
zuxYp5.jpg

Reactions: mmaggi

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany

zubYhW.jpg

Gen on right
zub1sQ.jpg

zuby9S.jpg

zubIRP.jpg

like the bezel but lugs and Sel's doenst look good on this one

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
The BTF (not qf or “noob”) looks pretty good. Subdials seem a bit “flat” compared to gen though, gen has quite an apparent sunburst IMO and I don’t see that “pop” on BTFs dial. Might just be the pictures though.