• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling released (another) new style SuperOcean's

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Damn I like it, given no date wheel, chrono etc should be easy to rep hopefully.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
The new SuperOcean is based upon the 'slow motion'.
Only the slow motion had a Chrono hand that did one full circle per hour. (To keep track of dive time)
I think that was a neat feature. It also had indicator at 6 that shows running, standby or off.
zeDi3b.jpg

​​​​

Last edited:

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Seen the Green and Black dial in person and the dial is stunning in person. I'm guessing the white one may be a nice summer watch. Hopefully they rep this and with the ETA movement, should be easy.

Reactions: EuroTime25

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
This could be a NWBG release if done right.
decorated Asian Base Caliber ETA 2824, quality AR on crystal and a good 1:1 case with gen 12.5mm thickness .

I’d be in for the bronze / green asap.

Reactions: EuroTime25

beanboi

Horology Curious
1/7/22
I love watches without a date window. Hopefully they make a rep of the 36MM! I would go for the green, too. Agreed a 2824 clone would be perfect (or a no date, like a 2840 perhaps)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Looks like a new deployment clasp as well but finding any pictures of it even on Breitlings website are non existent :(

rolex_sub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/15
GER
I don't like the new Super Oceans style. In my opinion it looks like a tudor designer joined the Breitling company

Reactions: tkingjr

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Pretty cool. Possibly could have made it work with Breitling's current style bezel teeth since that's what we're used to and less "rolexy". I like it. I'll have to look up the old slow motion to see when it was released to immerse myself in the motif. I like a lot of the colors. That green and gold one is going to be popular. Wish the all white and orange were also in 42. And also kept 500m water resistance. Wonder if decreasing will eventually open more space for another model with more similar to the planet ocean/seamaster division down the road. On the website all the old models seem to have vanished for dimension comparisons. Bring on the reps!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatwatchguy

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Pretty cool. Possibly could have made it work with Breitling's current style bezel teeth since that's what we're used to and less "rolexy". I like it. I'll have to look up the old slow motion to see when it was released to immerse myself in the motif. I like a lot of the colors. That green and gold one is going to be popular. Wish the all white and orange were also in 42. And also kept 500m water resistance. Wonder if decreasing will eventually open more space for another model with more similar to the planet ocean/seamaster division down the road. On the website all the old models seem to have vanished for dimension comparisons. Bring on the reps!!!!

It was released in 1965.

When I saw this (new) watch the first time I wasn't positive. My thoughts were that it looked way to Seiko-ish. Maybe a nice watch, but not Breitling nice. Just as the Endurance. Don't get me wrong, in real life you van see they're quality build. But doesn't stand out like avenger for example.
But, when I looked up the old slow motion I suddenly understand the design a lot better and can actually appreciate it. Although I have to say that Breitling really should have used Chrono hour function + indicator in this on the original based watch. I'm mean, that was the key design feature.

Reactions: tkingjr

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
I'll share this, I saw it in a Boutique and it looks MUCH BETTER than the photos. Especially the black and blue dials. It looks like an expensive watch with the lacquered dial. It just works in person.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Wow, people are negative. On Random Rob's video it's like a contest of the internet bandwagon comedians who can make the most clever "dis" on it. When I 1st saw the picture I was thinking hmmmmm I don't know, but that was because it was the new superocean not a new line which there's always disappointment getting rid of a line you like (poor galactic and cockpit). I still didn't dismiss it immediately. The more I looked at it the more I liked it. Then just saw Random Rob's ytube vid "in person" and it looks very good, high quality. Love the shiny dial and reflective markers and overall more balanced then some of the pictures make it look. So many negative comments about it. Probably half the people that say they hate it and love the previous gen probably said they hated that with the obnoxious numbers an date ruining symmetry now they complain there is no date. I think this one will play more nicely with the hipster millennial crowd with tom ford glasses, rolled up pant cuffs and colorful, coordinated natos. I'm not one of those but I really like this watch so far and need to see one. It looks like this could be a good release. And still leaves room for stuff like the previous gen that can fill the more rugged, playful look with more water resistance like 500 and 1000 meters.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I'll share this, I saw it in a Boutique and it looks MUCH BETTER than the photos. Especially the black and blue dials. It looks like an expensive watch with the lacquered dial. It just works in person.

Absolutely! I was really impressed with the quality of fit and finish. It looks better than in the pics.