• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Bentley BP Factory Availability?

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
Before i start pestering all the TDs I was wondering if anyone knew if BP are still making the Bentley GT watches with the a7750? Example below:

They list them on trusty and Hont but was wondering if anyone has bought one in the last 6 or so months?

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
Scroll to the bottom of Trusty's link. The date the photos were added to Trusty's website was 2015. I would be asking what factory made the watch before buying.
Good eyes thank you i hadnt even spotted that 🤔

I will ask Andrew the question, but thinking it might be better for me to put in a WTB post rather than hope an illegal rep factory are still making a watch seven years down the line 🤣

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Scroll to the bottom of Trusty's link. The date the photos were added to Trusty's website was 2015. I would be asking what factory made the watch before buying.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Some of the better Reps are still being made. You just have to be careful when ordering. If BP is making the watch it is a good one. They still make the best Navi World. Always compare the model number in one of Trusty's photos to a Gen to be sure the number is correct. I use BreitlingSource.com or use Google breitlingsource A13362 to compare details.

Reactions: DJImport909

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Some of the better Reps are still being made. You just have to be careful when ordering. If BP is making the watch it is a good one. They still make the best Navi World. Always compare the model number in one of Trusty's photos to a Gen to be sure the number is correct. I use BreitlingSource.com or use Google breitlingsource A13362 to compare details.

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
Thank you, i did think i had seen some older reps still being made and sold, i will cross reference the model number but im fairly certain that it is a real non fantasy watch.

I have sent Trusty a message and will update this thread with his response 😊

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
The lower-tier factories will use any part they can get away with. Wrong bracelets, wrong caseback, wrong color for date wheel, and wrong logo are just some of the things they will do. The factories are important.

I was going to buy an IWC watch yesterday made by V6F. V6F was seized and shut down. A small lower-tier factory is now using the V6F name to sell watches. My TD was kind enough to tell me so I wouldn't be disappointed.

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
UPDATE:

Had a response from Andrew via Trusty Time Admin "Factory just replied that this is available"

So looks like i may be good to go, dont see much love on here for Bentleys but i love them ever since my first shitter from Turkey on holiday.

Reactions: K66

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Get pricing for it. Once you receive your QC pics you should be able to tell if it's a decent quality rep. Expect the strap to be utter trash.

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
Get pricing for it. Once you receive your QC pics you should be able to tell if it's a decent quality rep. Expect the strap to be utter trash.
With watches from china you have to pay before you get the qc's right? If its not what im expecting then you just move the payment to a different watch i believe? You dont get refunded from what ive read...

So little info about the BP breitling out there, is the strap really that bad? From the only review ive found they never said it was an issue, would be a expensive franken if i were to get a gen strap

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I've gone through almost every Breitling rep made. Trust me when I tell you that the straps are made of chinese alley cat skin. Order yourself a nice strap from a Breitling AD or a strap maker. There are many options and well worth it. Also be prepared to deal with the 7750 date change. It is not reliable in the Bentley models. I've had multiple ones fail and some could not be repaired.

The way the market went on these watches, I found it more cost effective to buy a gen if you really like it. The prices crashed on them. A decade ago I dropped over $2k building a franken Super Avenger. A few years ago I was able to pick up a mint Gen on a bracelet for $2k.

DJImport909

Horology Curious
13/7/22
I've gone through almost every Breitling rep made. Trust me when I tell you that the straps are made of chinese alley cat skin. Order yourself a nice strap from a Breitling AD or a strap maker. There are many options and well worth it. Also be prepared to deal with the 7750 date change. It is not reliable in the Bentley models. I've had multiple ones fail and some could not be repaired.

The way the market went on these watches, I found it more cost effective to buy a gen if you really like it. The prices crashed on them. A decade ago I dropped over $2k building a franken Super Avenger. A few years ago I was able to pick up a mint Gen on a bracelet for $2k.
Hey BMW, thanks for your advice for a noobie and all his questions.

Ive been into shitter reps for years but stopoed spending money on them on holidays as literally my 2 £40 bentley reps the bracelets literally rusted apart (heads are fine and still run around 10-12 years later).

Fell in love with the bentleys at the same time and always been after a good one, think thats how i found this forum about 4 years ago and lurked since, didnt register as thought i would never buy one but im 4 reps deep in the last 3 months 😆

Ive got a gen white face bentley b04 gmt and love the solid feeling of the case and strap, feels bomb proof. Think the GTs are about £3.5k used do was going to get a couple of reps and maybe cash out of the gen but if the straps are that bad i might reconsider.

To put it in perspective the second rep i bought was a VSF seamaster, thought the bracelet was a bit janky on that so bought a used gen to create a mild franken, feels so much better so seems im quite fussy with the bracelet so now having second thoughts on this BP with the alley cat skin bracelets 🤣

7750 im aware of the issues for i have one in a Tag link, i know to only change the date around a certain time so stick to 6pm to be safe, shame you have to think about that with a gen watch but i know slot of swiss gens have them.

This decision is getting harder but its also potentially saving my disappointment so thank you for your advice