• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet 7057 stopped working - guide to fixing

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Its possible but balls to trying that by hand! I think cnc is essential and it would be bloody hard to hold it. Maybe a custom jig would be needed to hold it via the center 5 cut out portions or something? You would have to do the lower wheel too to match it up. Its a big risky task!

i suppose so, watch is gorgeous. This thing looks amazing and i disagree with people saying this thing is miles away from gen.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Yes it is you’re right, but there are several similar Breguet models so the position of the bridges, for example, is only glaring if you know the 7057 well.

I tried on a 2635 a little while ago. Very little difference in quality considering the £20k price tag difference

2c613f831c9699a70204d353835aff62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I once made a comparison of the dial in one thread here, I found more than 20 differences in the dial. It is more homage than a replica. Still lovely though.
The only good (not perfect but good) breguet replica IMO is the 5177. I hope it will change some day.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Yep, as I said if you know that particular model inside out then these minute details stand out. They are impossible to fix due to the movement, however Breguet have several other watches, such as the 2635, that are quite similar, with different screw and bridge positions. To me, everything you pointed out apart from the balance wheel is less of a tell than, for example, the rolex lettering on the dial of a noob 116500, because rolex use consistent fonts on that model. Just my views - like you say, it's arguably more of a homage model, but still one of my faves, and if anyone knows the 7057 inside out then hats off to them because I'd never be able to remember any of those bridge positions unless I had it on my wrist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Found it:
48373350827_4d5dcc3893_b.jpg

Whilst I appreciate the screws may either not need to be there, be in the wrong place etc etc i just dont care. I honestly think if you walked into a breguet shop with one the last thing they would do is start analysing your watch to that degree. They would probably be happy you have one of their watches and assume its real, because it doesnt look or feel cheap and shit. Just my thoughts though, as long as its a great looking watch i couldnt care less if its not accurate. But then i like roger dubuis and that will never be accurate as a rep or affordable as a gen!

Reactions: csthe

WatchNuTT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/9/19
Whilst I appreciate the screws may either not need to be there, be in the wrong place etc etc i just dont care. I honestly think if you walked into a breguet shop with one the last thing they would do is start analysing your watch to that degree. They would probably be happy you have one of their watches and assume its real, because it doesnt look or feel cheap and shit. Just my thoughts though, as long as its a great looking watch i couldnt care less if its not accurate. But then i like roger dubuis and that will never be accurate as a rep or affordable as a gen!

I disagree with you look at my rep 42mm excalibur

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

Fair point, specifically i like the skeletonised roger dubuis watches but its a nice watch man enjoy it! Have you seen the new big date tourby that dadag13 posted about? Shit date font but nice watch.

Bominus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/24
Im with you on this. There are a couple of screws in different places, its not white gold and the balance wheel is different (but thats moving). Other than that at 0.25% of the rrp im happy haha
Hi, I'm interested to buy this watch and just want to ask you if the power reserve indicator work on this watch. Thanks

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Hi, I'm interested to buy this watch and just want to ask you if the power reserve indicator work on this watch. Thanks
It does but i think these are out of production now.