• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 05 - is this beauty gonna get a rep

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
No offense taken at all -- just sharing my perspective. I'm not a brand fanboy and don't understand why some people are homers for a company in which they have no vested interest. I don't really have the "have to have" feeling with the BR05 either and would definitely take a Seamaster over that any day.

Can't get excited about gen Tudors as the reps are so close. Plus I'm not really a Rolex/Tudor guy although I do have a few. I've found a lot of fun brands in the $600-1,200 microbrand space in the past couple of years that have fed my gen habit. Cool designs without the ubiquity of mainstream gen brands in the $2-5k space. Happy hunting!

I would suggest maybe try a GS then, there's something about the craftmanship and movement that just makes me go "ooh". Happy hunting to you too my dude!

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
c07b9d76462f5e29a73a99d122dc157a.jpg

Looks like B&R is going all in so a rep might happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoePineapples

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
they look like rep already honestly

That's pretty funny.

I am drawn to these though. A regular B&R has never caught my eye as something I personally wanted. I get them, respect them, but not for me.

And this one... I dunno. Maybe it's a way to scratch that Nautilus/RO itch without going Nautilus/RO. I tend to keep my rep purchase to the category of 'just about financially attainable' to me.

I like the Genta style, and have enjoyed micro brands that do them. I'll never sell my original Seals Model A all black PVD.

studio1one

28/10/10
BR are so hit and miss for me. The ones I like I probably love above and beyond all others, the ones I don't like I really don't like.

This is in the don't column for me

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Checked with my TD and he said he has not heard of any news of factories working on this. Maybe it's not as popular as expected?

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
I’ve just ordered the wish version for about 15 quid, along with a fantasy Glashütte speedmaster thing.

Looking forward to seeing how terrible they are.

Ever got the wish BR05?

SadProfessor

1/11/17
Ah, that's too bad. Heard a similar case on Reddit too, maybe it was too good to be true.

Wish almost always is. No risk though so I don’t mind. They refund very easily.

spagooter

26/7/12
Seems like a cheesy mashup to me but the overall look is very nice.

Gin

6/10/21
still no rep today and looks like never gonna happen

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany

Saw the real thing and was impressed with the quality. The blue dial in the sun is fantastic. Feels like illuminated from behind.
Not my style, although very distinctive. And overpriced. But way cheaper than a gen Cartier Santos or Glasshütte Seventies.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
And now available with lum case...
Not my taste, specially with these cheap wood screws on the front.
I suppose it must look fun in a nightclub...but 13900€ ?
Limited to 500 pieces equivalent to 6,950,000 EUR...good luck to you all.

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
And now available with lum case...
Not my taste, specially with these cheap wood screws on the front.
I suppose it must look fun in a nightclub...but 13900€ ?
Limited to 500 pieces equivalent to 6,950,000 EUR...good luck to you all.

This looks like it was inspired by Ming watches. Can't they at least TRY to be a little original?

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
I saw a rep for sale on DHGate for about $150. It’s just the basic bitch version in black, blue or silver dial. The seller will not send me a picture of the actual item in messages 🤔. I’m tempted to order one just to see what it looks like, but, you know, it’s DHGate🤷🏼‍♂️