• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 05 - is this beauty gonna get a rep

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Hey guys,

originally not a big fan of BR but check out theis new release they just made. Neat lines, Audemars & Patek inspired.
Do you think this beauty could eveer be repped?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’m fairly new to B&R but the reason I was drawn to them was because of their out-of-the-box approach to design and engineering. This seems a step backwards. To me it surrendered their brand identity to the me-too movement.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

daidai95

Horology Curious
26/7/13
I hope there will be a rep soon if not I’ll go to ven because it s really beautiful... inspired maybe by others brands but it’s beautiful ????

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
I’m fairly new to B&R but the reason I was drawn to them was because of their out-of-the-box approach to design and engineering. This seems a step backwards. To me it surrendered their brand identity to the me-too movement.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I’m with you on this one, whilst I really like the watch (especially in blue), it does seem a step away from their USP and more towards the conventional. . . . maybe I’ll change my mind when I see one in the wild?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’m with you on this one, whilst I really like the watch (especially in blue), it does seem a step away from their USP and more towards the conventional. . . . maybe I’ll change my mind when I see one in the wild?

I’d like to keep an open mind, but there’s literally nothing new here but an amalgamation of Patek and AP with a B&R logo slapped on it.

I can can imagine a boardroom meeting where some marketing VP tells a product manager that they need a more “mainstream” design to help “attract the masses” and “something more appropriate under a dress shirt sleeve”. Then the VP pulls back his shirt cuff and says, “see this Patek...?”

vortexuk

22/7/16
chris9 I saw a black and blue version on bracelet in an AD window at the weekend - you might be able to get your hands on it sooner than you think!

If you are in the UK send me a PM and I'll let you know where

vortexuk

22/7/16
I can see this rep selling like hot cakes, the AP/PP designs that it's heavily based off are all too expensive for most people to pull off as legitimate watches, this retails at about £3500 in steel which would be much more believable.

I'd buy one in black or blue for sure, and I'd want the bracelet and rubber.

I think BR missed a trick on the strap as they would be better making a quick release so ease of switching over.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I can see this rep selling like hot cakes, the AP/PP designs that it's heavily based off are all too expensive for most people to pull off as legitimate watches, this retails at about £3500 in steel which would be much more believable

LOL, in rep world then people buy the real thing like a nautilus or AP 15400. Those sell like hot cakes, not this lousy wannabe

Reactions: OldNavitimer

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I got a chance to try on the blue on rubber and the black on stainless bracelet. Very underwhelming. Quality is so-so. Honestly I’ve seen rep Patel’s that look better.

vortexuk

22/7/16
OldNavitimer I tried the black and blue on this weekend too and agree, I've got better quality reps. The bracelet felt thin, cheap and not well finished at all...

However the dials were nicer than the pics in the internet, especially the sunburst on the blue.

They've overpriced them by about a grand though so I don't think they will sell well

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
vortexuk I believe with this product line they are answering a question nobody asked. I can't imagine a B&R owner think..."If only they made a generic dress watch without any of the design distinction that B&R spent years developing successfully and attracted me to the brand in the first place...."

onsafari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Saw the real thing at the CDG Airport last week. Seriously nice piece. Looks a lot more expensive than the asking price.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Ah, a gen Patek Piguet...
or was it a Audemars & Ross or a B....

No, this doesn't have it for me. I must say it looks solid viewing from the side. Bracelet is nice. But way too much of a blend of the nautilus and a ap. (However I do like it more as a Nautilus.)

Last edited: