• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blast from the past…reimagined: Cartier Santos 100 XL Chronograph

Dragonfan

9/8/19
I put this Cartier on a super thick strap that I found. It is very close to a “Cartier Red” in color. The MadDog buckle is a good counterbalance to the considerable size and weight of the watch head. The last pic is a compa to a 44mm PAM for size reference. I think it’s a winning look. Let me know what you think….

Last edited:

Dragonfan

9/8/19
I don’t know. I think I might sometimes. It was an expensive rep when new and is pretty rare now days. I would need $400 for it. However, I would include two rep Cartier double deployment clasps and three rep Cartier straps ( black rubber, black Kevlar and black crocodile).

bcartier1181

Horology Curious
24/11/22
I don’t know. I think I might sometimes. It was an expensive rep when new and is pretty rare now days. I would need $400 for it. However, I would include two rep Cartier double deployment clasps and three rep Cartier straps ( black rubber, black Kevlar and black crocodile).
thanks- and sorry for the redundant message.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Is this the 7753 version ? These were very good replicas a decade or so ago. I prefer them on a nice gator strap. That strap looks very well suited for a Submersible Panerai in my opinion.

Reactions: Dragonfan

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
@Dragonfan : wow, that Cartier Santos Chrono is thick !

You know, i've got a Quartz RG Cartier Santos Chrono but, consdering how rare it is nowadays...i will never sell it ! Yours is even rarer, and that strap is a real stunner !

What is not 'congruos' IMHO is the Tang Buckle, which, as @BMW760 correctly pints out, is more PAM like.

The Gen Santos Chrono had that fantastic Cartier Clasp...

Dragonfan

9/8/19
This is the 7753 version with date adjustment at 10 o’clock position.

The strap is big and bold. I use it with both Panerai and big Breitling watches.