• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

the quality on JLC NSD bezel

bentoboi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/11
i'm finally a proud owner of the NSD, and after receiving it from TONY-san, without wasting time i ordered meself a kelvar strap...can't wait for the strap to arrive...

indeed, the rubber bracelet looks fine from a distances but when i grab it myself it felted VERY CHEAP and FRAGILE (thats y i bought the kelvar)....compared to the gen...rosie o'donnell vs monica bellucci....both almost the same age but i would trade my kidney for a night with dear monica, if u know what i mean..

the 2nd thing that keeps bugging me is the bezel...the build is fine but it feels very loose...without using any force, i am able to move the rotating bezel...am i the only one??? my question - is there a way to tighten the bezel???

neeways, i will post some wrist shot after the kelvar strap arrives...thanks for reading

bentoboi

26/2/11
sorry guys...silly me...i didn't read the page...apparently the sloppy bezel is a trade mark.....

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
I think the bracelet is pretty damn nice imo. My only issue is that the screws keep trying to work themselves out.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Have to disagreed about the band. I think it feels great and very gen like. I put locktite on the screws and haven't had any issues. I did just get a new camo cordura strap to try out. I really like it. Wish it covered between the lugs more. I need to just break down and get the gen Kevlar strap since I wear this watch so much.

justudor

18/1/13
Yeah mine is the same also. The bezel has much too little resistance, but it's not too much of a bother for me.

The bracelet looks great and feels great imo. The screws do work dangerously loose though!

I have noticed that the lug holes cross closely to the case, rendering the strap choices quite restrictive.

I think it's a great watch, despite mine failing within a week. It's being serviced by local watch smith and hopefully that will fix it and bring some longevity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bentoboi

26/2/11
i went to the JLC AD today, 1st i checked on the bezel and true enough...the gen sucks as well...lucky me...then since i'm there i asked to quote for the JLC NSD rubber strap.....the strap itself cost USD300++...i can live with that price...but after the lady told me the JLC buckle itself cost USD400++...i was speechless...

D

d4m.test

If you handle gen you'll notice the bracelet is somewhat filmsy as well. +1 on the bezel.. It does suck.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
looks like mine is from a different factory then lol
because the bracelet is amazing , the bezel is not loose on mine
and the screws on the bracelet never get loose
the only little problem it has , (i dont really care about it ) is the pearl , if u look close it is not perfectly done ,not triangle shape

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I don't like the bracelet, I went with the gen leather strap to cover up those gouges the factory puts in the case.

PecMan

4/5/09
if ! i would swap the bracelet it would only be with the gen strap ive seen on gen jlc

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
if ! i would swap the bracelet it would only be with the gen strap ive seen on gen jlc

I found a gen jlc strap online. generic buckle tho.

87ECF315-EE55-44C7-AA82-D99260A08A69-13085-00000563024C2D63.jpg

PecMan

4/5/09
was it expensive!? or not so bad?
i havent seen many online , actually not even 1

PecMan

4/5/09
well yeah 230 is expensive for a strap but in this case i dont think so ! looks amazing!

justudor

18/1/13
I think its a lot of money - but for a genuine strap JLC, not bad! I think its good value.

Isn't the rubber $300 alone?

I don't mind the bezel - only when it moves by accident. Still a fantastic watch. Mine is in the shop hahah

WSL3333

21/2/13
I like the rubber articulated bracelet...feels great...the screws are loose though...the ones by the clasp do tighten but the screws near the watch itself just spin and dont tighten...everyones watch do this or just mine????

justudor

18/1/13
I like the rubber articulated bracelet...feels great...the screws are loose though...the ones by the clasp do tighten but the screws near the watch itself just spin and dont tighten...everyones watch do this or just mine????

Yep, AFAIK general consensus is that this is the case with the articulated rubber. A wee drop of loctite has been the solution for most.

bentoboi

26/2/11
I've finally got a water resistant synthetic rubber strap..but I'm still waiting for kelvar strap..I will post some pictures on the nsd dif strap thread..