• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Big Bang Gen vs Rep Pics

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
Hey Guys,

I know this is not an apples to apples comparison, but I just picked up a Big Bang Red Magic gen so wanted to compare it to my Black Magic v6.5 to see how they stack up. Here are pictures on how it stacks up. My black magic also has a gen strap.

Off the top, i notice the rep is definitely heavier. AR on the rep is definitely better, even-though red-magic has the red crystals, i noticed other gen hublots dont have the same AR as the reps. For some reason the gen AR still has slight reflectivity compared to rep. On to the pics:

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Let me know if there anything in specific that you would like to about the gen that you think might be different in the reps and i will take pictures to compare them :).

Thanks!

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
That's great, could you take some closer pics of dials, bezels, clasps, etc.

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
great topic and great pics :)! yeah some close up shots would be nice :) may I ask how much the gen strap for your rep was ? :p

wear it in good health and congrats to your gen :) !

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
Watch wit red stitching is the Gen. Movement has a hazy sticker that needs to be cleaned so i will post more pictures once the watch is cleaned. Had to take dial picture at an angle since it reflects so much even indoors. On to the pics:

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
great topic and great pics :)! yeah some close up shots would be nice :) may I ask how much the gen strap for your rep was ? :p

wear it in good health and congrats to your gen :) !

Thank You! The gen strap at the Hublot boutique was $620 i believe, its an alligator strap in Xtra Small size.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I would say the biggest tell to me would be the depth of bezel "teeth/grip"

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Thank You! The gen strap at the Hublot boutique was $620 i believe, its an alligator strap in Xtra Small size.

Man that is a lot of money :D is the money worth it ? I also have gen rubber straps on my one and they absolutely are worth the money but the normal rubber straps only cost 230 at watchparts24 so 600 bucks is a little bit more :D

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
Man that is a lot of money :D is the money worth it ? I also have gen rubber straps on my one and they absolutely are worth the money but the normal rubber straps only cost 230 at watchparts24 so 600 bucks is a little bit more :D

Yea i agree, i really wanted the Alligator strap back in 2016 so it felt like they were worth it. Also back then it was harder to get any hublot gen strap so i had to bite the bullet. It does make the watch look much better with the alligator print i must say but there are definitely more economical options haha.

Reactions: Hublot1704

Pb360

Known Member
23/1/16
I’d say that’s a pretty good looking rep! Love the carbon fiber. What I can’t understand is why on the “gen”, the datewheel looks so bad? You can see the edge of the next number in your picture

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Yea i agree, i really wanted the Alligator strap back in 2016 so it felt like they were worth it. Also back then it was harder to get any hublot gen strap so i had to bite the bullet. It does make the watch look much better with the alligator print i must say but there are definitely more economical options haha.

Yeah it looks really good I think someday I will buy one as well :D

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
I’d say that’s a pretty good looking rep! Love the carbon fiber. What I can’t understand is why on the “gen”, the datewheel looks so bad? You can see the edge of the next number in your picture

I think its the angle of the picture probably.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice watch yoyohoneysingh congrats.

What I will like to know is whether the gen Hublot movement date starts changing at about 2230-2245 each night and completes the change at midnight. Meaning at 2330, you can see half of both dates. Thank you kindly. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

JTSWE

19/2/17
Post please pictures

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

kennys

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/8/12
Would anyone happen to know where I could buy a rubber strap for my Big Bang 44mm Ayrton Senna Limited Edition? It is black and has the green inlay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: azzure