• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Rolex DateJust 36

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Ah and concerning the movements, make a tour in the tech section and read something about it. In the end it's like for the watch itself, you may be able to live with things I cannot and viceversa. BTW, i recently checked gmf DJ36 and found none with a movement that I like. So need to research more...
Ok thanks very much I will read it!

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hi all, after the single reply received to the PM sent here, I sent 5 emails and only one dealer replied to me. I wasn't expecting so few answers... btw the TD who replies suggested me the GMF version, saying that the ARF version is out of production! How is possible that a TD proposed me a old rep?
Following some of my questions, this last TD wrote me that if i want a quality rolex i have to buy a submariner... What do you think about? Is difficult to find a high quality DJ 36 rep ?

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
As a general rule none of the TDs sell watches with original parts, so called "Frankenstein" watches. Some dealers offer factory installed genuine ETA/Sellita/Miyota movements in some models of watches, but those are typically not original parts for those watches. Those movements are just potentially better than asian clone movements. There are a lot of scam sites that claim to offer watches that are "swiss made replicas with real parts" and other nonsense like that. Just stick with the TDs.
I asked TD who replied for some information about these "Frankenstein" watches. He wrote this: "yes there is possibility to have those, but not in china, usually those are done by people in europe or usa where is more genuine stuff access plus need different movement". For me is difficult to understand well.

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
hello, this is my a 36mm GMF, for me it is done very well

you are Italian I suggest you visit the Sead page of supermirrors

if there is the i after the number the watch is in Italy so you avoid customs problems.

Reactions: Kaer

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
hello, this is my a 36mm GMF, for me it is done very well

you are Italian I suggest you visit the Sead page of supermirrors

if there is the i after the number the watch is in Italy so you avoid customs problems.
Hi. Supermirrors is the TD who just answered me now :)
But he wrote that he has not in italy dj 36 mm but some 41 mm. My wrist is 16 cm and I'd prefer 36 mm, also for the reason that for me dj is 36 mm...
By the way are valid this GMF versions?
I like dj with Stainless steel Jubilee bracelet, silver (or blue) dial and 18K white gold Fluted bezel.

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
But he wrote that he has not in italy dj 36 mm but some 41 mm. My wrist is 16 cm and I'd prefer 36 mm, also for the reason that for me dj is 36 mm...
I like dj with Stainless steel Jubilee bracelet, silver (or blue) dial and 18K white gold Fluted bezel.
Hi, if only gmf is available, just give it a try. Gmf should be ok quality, the bracelet may be a bit flimsy but I think it's ok. Throw me a pm if you want, am Italian, too.

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
I am not particularly demanding, but I have both rep and gen, this GMF for me is very well done, then maybe the super picky find some flaws .... however on the wrist it is very difficult to recognize it as a repetition

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I am not particularly demanding, but I have both rep and gen, this GMF for me is very well done, then maybe the super picky find some flaws .... however on the wrist it is very difficult to recognize it as a repetition
Ok thanks, it would be enough for me that on the wrist it is very difficult to recognize as a rep, although I have read that there are replicas so well made that they can only be recognized with careful analysis in specialized laboratories, but probably not for DJ...

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Ok thanks, it would be enough for me that on the wrist it is very difficult to recognize as a rep, although I have read that there are replicas so well made that they can only be recognized with careful analysis in specialized laboratories, but probably not for DJ...
Don't worry to be recognized. Unless you put it in front of a rolex ad face and hold it there for a minute, nobody will recognize...

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hi all,
at the end I think to buy dj 36 GMF V2 from Supermirros at the cost of about 360usd. As movement do you suggest a2824 or vr3235?
Based on what I've read, VSF is the best rep for datejust, unluckily there is only 41 mm... Do you know if also VSF 36 will be soon realesed?

There is also this:
but I read that it is equivalent to gmf. Is it so? Someone also wrote that jdf and gmf is the same factory.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hi all,
at the end I think to buy dj 36 GMF V2 from Supermirros at the cost of about 360usd. As movement do you suggest a2824 or vr3235?
Based on what I've read, VSF is the best rep for datejust, unluckily there is only 41 mm... Do you know if also VSF 36 will be soon realesed?

There is also this:
but I read that it is equivalent to gmf. Is it so? Someone also wrote that jdf and gmf is the same factory.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I don't think Vsf is going to make a 36mm anytime soon. I think that the GMF is the best you can find at the moment. JDF may be a good alternative, and if I remember well they did a good op, but are they 150ish bucks more worth?
Movement: i would go with the A2824, solid workhorse movement that can be worked/serviced by any watchmaker, can be easily sourced cheaply or swapped 1:1 with a Gen eta movement if you want a durability guarantee.
The vr movements are OK I hear (i may have one in my dj, actually...) they are made to look like a rolex movement but are no true clones afaik as opposed to the VS movements.
If it's a first buy, I'd go gmf with the A2824 and see how I like it, you can always step up your game later. You will step up your game later. I also only wanted an explorer and ended with 1 rep per month....

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hi all,

There is also this:
Yes, jdf = gmf

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I don't think Vsf is going to make a 36mm anytime soon. I think that the GMF is the best you can find at the moment. JDF may be a good alternative, and if I remember well they did a good op, but are they 150ish bucks more worth?
Movement: i would go with the A2824, solid workhorse movement that can be worked/serviced by any watchmaker, can be easily sourced cheaply or swapped 1:1 with a Gen eta movement if you want a durability guarantee.
The vr movements are OK I hear (i may have one in my dj, actually...) they are made to look like a rolex movement but are no true clones afaik as opposed to the VS movements.
If it's a first buy, I'd go gmf with the A2824 and see how I like it, you can always step up your game later. You will step up your game later. I also only wanted an explorer and ended with 1 rep per month....
About movement, from what I've read VR3235 should have the advantage of faster date change and also a higher power reserve. These are two aspects that I consider quite important. If VR3235 gets damaged, can it be replaced with something else?

About the seller (Supermirrors) I am not very happy with the scarce information that he gave me about this GMF, could the fact that he has not a web link with detailed product informations be negative?

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
About movement, from what I've read VR3235 should have the advantage of faster date change and also a higher power reserve. These are two aspects that I consider quite important. If VR3235 gets damaged, can it be replaced with something else?

About the seller (Supermirrors) I am not very happy with the scarce information that he gave me about this GMF, could the fact that he has not a web link with detailed product informations be negative?
I do not care about fast or slow date change. The power reserve is a good point, but I don't care about that, either, with the rotation I have that's not relevant. But it's a good movement and should serve you well. Not sure about replaceability, either, tbh. I know I read it somewhere, but can't remember. As you see, I'm quite easy to satisfy. In the tech section there is a thread explaining all aspects of the vr and vs movements, replaceability should be treated there as well.
I've never used supermirrors myself but read good things, I don't think that having or not a website is that relevant, much info isn't updated or even accurate, best you use the forum for spec info.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I do not care about fast or slow date change. The power reserve is a good point, but I don't care about that, either, with the rotation I have that's not relevant. But it's a good movement and should serve you well. Not sure about replaceability, either, tbh. I know I read it somewhere, but can't remember. As you see, I'm quite easy to satisfy. In the tech section there is a thread explaining all aspects of the vr and vs movements, replaceability should be treated there as well.
I've never used supermirrors myself but read good things, I don't think that having or not a website is that relevant, much info isn't updated or even accurate, best you use the forum for spec info.
I've seen several videos on Youtube where one of the first tests they do to recognize a gen from a rep is the date change test. Ok if I wear the watch on the wrist it is not that this thing can be seen but it makes me think ....
Power reserve for me is import, A2824 has a very low reserve I read, so if you don't use it every day you will always be forced to wind and adjust it.
I read the tech section I see discussion about 3135... 3235 is the same? I remember to have read that VS is an aesthetically more similar version to the gen, but there shouldn't be any major technical improvements as VR. But I don't remember exactly what I had read.
Now I need to understand is if VR3235 can be replaced in case of problems.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Vsf is going to release a dj 36mm - there's a thread about it.

Until we have a Review of that, i would recommend gmf/jdf.

Sead/Supermirrors is top notch, always the best qc (imho). He does not write much but he is always precise. But that's matter of personal taste, everyone has his preferred style of communication, Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaer and Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

Sead/Supermirrors is top notch, always the best qc (imho). He does not write much but he is always precise. But that's matter of personal taste, everyone has his preferred style of communication, Just saying.
That's great news! Can't wait to see one. Thanks for the heads up and link!

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy

Thanks very much for the link! Maybe we have now to wait corrections of first errors/imperfections! How long about do you think it will take to have a release ready and without problems? One month / 3 months ?

About this TD, he sent me a price with half descriptive line, he did not specify the version or even the type of movement. Unfortunately I have received few replies, but generally I prefer not to buy from those who prove to be very approximate.