• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Rolex DateJust 36

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hy guys, I'm newby and I’m trying to find out where can I buy a good replica of DateJust 36 mm. I'm from Italy, I can find an european reseller or is preferable to contact the factory?

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Thanks very much. So one of these is the same? Can they offer the same products?

RJames

Known Member
1/8/15
Texas
They all have mostly the same stuff. It's best to just ask them for what you want even if it's not on their site.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
You should look the watch you want and the shipping cost that mustn't be more than 30$. The weight is less than 250g... Some TD ask 45 or 60, it's too much IMO.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
They all have mostly the same stuff. It's best to just ask them for what you want even if it's not on their site.
Ok thanks. In the past (about 10-15 years ago) I bought a couple of reps (Submariner) but they did not last long. So I'd like to buy a rep with good quality now. I read that for some models you can have copy of the original Rlx movement. Does this matter only from an aesthetic point of view (assuming one wants to open the watch) or does it make it work better or/and last longer?

RJames

Known Member
1/8/15
Texas
I read that for some models you can have copy of the original Rlx movement. Does this matter only from an aesthetic point of view (assuming one wants to open the watch) or does it make it work better or/and last longer?
It depends on the movement and the purpose of putting it in a specific watch. Some are more reliable than more basic eta clones, some are not. Rolex movement clones may be harder to work on than more basic eta clones. For example I struggled to find a VS3135 clone movement watchmaker, everyone told me no, but I was able to resolve the issue myself. One thing you get with some of the clone movements is correct behavior.

So for instance a 3035 rolex movement has the crown time setting direction match the hand direction. So you turn the crown the same direction you want the time to set. A ETA clone asian movement will work the other way around and not match gen operation. Some brand specific clone movements also allow for proper case dimensions, a more basic cloned movement may not fit a gen spec case resulting in thicker cases being used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nono92 and Kaer

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
It depends on the movement and the purpose of putting it in a specific watch. Some are more reliable than more basic eta clones, some are not. Rolex movement clones may be harder to work on than more basic eta clones. For example I struggled to find a VS3135 clone movement watchmaker, everyone told me no, but I was able to resolve the issue myself. One thing you get with some of the clone movements is correct behavior.

So for instance a 3035 rolex movement has the crown time setting direction match the hand direction. So you turn the crown the same direction you want the time to set. A ETA clone asian movement will work the other way around and not match gen operation. Some brand specific clone movements also allow for proper case dimensions, a more basic cloned movement may not fit a gen spec case resulting in thicker cases being used.
Ok I imagined that the situation was a bit complex and to be evaluated case by case. The correct behavior that can be achieved seems to me interesting. I hope the seller can suggest the best option, will I can be be trusted?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Trust them, they are trusted dealers for a reason. But you should at least inform yourself a bit, different factories have different flaws, the td will not know which flaws you can live with, so his "suggestion" may be mainly driven by commercial reasons.
You can read this:

Or research other threads on the topic. In the end I did not yet buy a DJ36, still some doubts of personal nature. If I did, I'd probably go for gmf.

Reactions: Kaer and Nono92

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Ok thanks. In the past (about 10-15 years ago) I bought a couple of reps (Submariner) but they did not last long. So I'd like to buy a rep with good quality now. I read that for some models you can have copy of the original Rlx movement. Does this matter only from an aesthetic point of view (assuming one wants to open the watch) or does it make it work better or/and last longer?
No, it won't last longer with a clone movement. The clone allows to make it as thin as the gen but who will pay attention to 0.5 mm ? 🙂 I don't know why Rolex doesn't use japanese movement like NH35... The clones have been improved and I wouldn't hesitate to take one if I wanted a Rlx !

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hello all,
I received this proposal:

DateJust 36 SS 116234 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L Steel Black Dial on Jubilee Bracelet SH3135 V3
Movement: Asian ShangHai Super 3135 Clone Automatic Movement

What do you think about? I asked the dealer if is possibile to have version with original parts, but he wrote me not. I read on some website that there is option to have clocks with genuine parts... perhaps it is not possibile for all models?

RJames

Known Member
1/8/15
Texas
Hello all,

DateJust 36 SS 116234 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L Steel Black Dial on Jubilee Bracelet SH3135 V3

What do you think about? I asked the dealer if is possibile to have version with original parts, but he wrote me not. I read on some website that there is option to have clocks with genuine parts... perhaps it is not possibile for all models?
As a general rule none of the TDs sell watches with original parts, so called "Frankenstein" watches. Some dealers offer factory installed genuine ETA/Sellita/Miyota movements in some models of watches, but those are typically not original parts for those watches. Those movements are just potentially better than asian clone movements. There are a lot of scam sites that claim to offer watches that are "swiss made replicas with real parts" and other nonsense like that. Just stick with the TDs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaer and Nono92

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Hello all,

You need to know that the ARF date wheel font is noticeably thicker than Gen, some would define this as a "dead giveaway". I am usually not that picky, but must admit that it does bother me.
Secondly, my personal opinion, I don't trust those SH movements, there's better alternatives out there. Seems to me the td wants to get rid of unsold stock...
On the other hand, ARF is a very good model overall and the bracelet should be the best around for a 36mm.

Reactions: Kaer

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
As a general rule none of the TDs sell watches with original parts, so called "Frankenstein" watches. Some dealers offer factory installed genuine ETA/Sellita/Miyota movements in some models of watches, but those are typically not original parts for those watches. Those movements are just potentially better than asian clone movements. There are a lot of scam sites that claim to offer watches that are "swiss made replicas with real parts" and other nonsense like that. Just stick with the TDs.
Hi thanks. Before finding this forum I had visited a couple of websites that sell reps and that give the possibility by adding a surcharge to buy a rep assembled with genuine parts and also with a surcharge the possibility of choosing gold lamination.
I had also seen some Youtube videos where it is said that unlike AAA reps the versions made with original parts can only be distinguished in specialized laboratories.
However, now that I have found this site, I will try to document well to make the best choice. Unfortunately I have never seen the DJ live (it is not even in stores at this time) so it is difficult for me to understand which rep is more suitable for my tastes.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
You need to know that the ARF date wheel font is noticeably thicker than Gen, some would define this as a "dead giveaway". I am usually not that picky, but must admit that it does bother me.
Secondly, my personal opinion, I don't trust those SH movements, there's better alternatives out there. Seems to me the td wants to get rid of unsold stock...
On the other hand, ARF is a very good model overall and the bracelet should be the best around for a 36mm.
What you write gives me serious doubts. I have to tell you that I contacted here in the forum 5 TD and only one replied to me. Why do you think? Don't they trust newby?

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
What you write gives me serious doubts. I have to tell you that I contacted here in the forum 5 TD and only one replied to me. Why do you think? Don't they trust newby?
No, I don't think so, they may be just busy, or maybe you didn't make your buying intentions clear enough? Or they don't have the time to give too many explanations and just want to sell? This may be the reason why jtime and another one I can't remember are considered good TDs for noobs, because they take their time for this things?
In any case, they are busy people, often I have to nudge again to prompt a response from unanswered queries, so try to ask again, something simple like "any news"?
Concerning your post about sites offering plating or frankening for a surcharge, beware, they are 99% scam sites. I think alpha modding (td here) does this kind of things. But don't trust what you find by just googling.

Reactions: Kaer

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Ah and concerning the movements, make a tour in the tech section and read something about it. In the end it's like for the watch itself, you may be able to live with things I cannot and viceversa. BTW, i recently checked gmf DJ36 and found none with a movement that I like. So need to research more...

RJames

Known Member
1/8/15
Texas
You contacted them via the forum or via Whatsapp and other systems they use (i.e. email)? I don't think I've talked to many on the forums. They usually have some other mode of contact.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
You contacted them via the forum or via Whatsapp and other systems they use (i.e. email)? I don't think I've talked to many on the forums. They usually have some other mode of contact.
Ok I will also try by whatsapp or email thanks!