• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

best AP rep to get?

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Sorry the 15720 in grey.
instead of the colour, the watch as a whole is more important to me. could it be that the black dial is better than the gray one, for example, or the other way around?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sir which one will you prefer otb, the 15720 or 15703? Both from zf and black dial.
I think in one thread I have read that @legend say 15703 one of the best reps otb is. Legend his words will a rule for me to decide between this two.
Actually, I mostly state my preference and in the same way I do not believe or subscribe to the "consensual list of NWBIG", I also do not think my preference should apply to anyone except myself. I am happy to share my preference with you of course but in no way should what I write be taken as "absolute". They are mostly my preference and my observations and others will have their own opinions.

In terms of accuracy I prefer the ZF 15703. But if I need to choose one to wear for myself I will take the ZF 15720 for the color schemes and refreshing look over the "worn and repped to death" 15703. It took the factories more than 10 years and 15 iterations at least to get the 15703 looking and feeling decent. But the progress from here should take much shorter given the increased demand for reps and corresponding interest from the makers to churn out quality products. My advice to you is don't choose a replica based on how accurate it looks, but what you like to wear on your wrist. All reps are reps, and even the most accurate looking one without flaws is a replica. Don't worry about getting called out with either watch if you wear them with confidence. If you want an Audemars Piguet watch, the only way to obtain one is to to buy a genuine. Anything else is just a replica/novelty/custom watch but what does it matter if you like and enjoy it, right?

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
14/5/18
Hi all,
My collection is pretty much Rolex and Omega Reps, so not very knowledgeable about AP Reps and best TD's to source from. Im looking for one very in particular AP, its the Taupe with black bezel and steel case, Model# 26420SO.OO.A600CA.01

Any help on tracking one down would be appreciated. I did find a few on google searches but they were not listed in the TD section so i did not order.

15500 v3 with black dial.
Get it serviced with nikz19 after you get it and you are good to go.

Fusible

5/5/22
Actually, I mostly state my preference and in the same way I do not believe or subscribe to the "consensual list of NWBIG", I also do not think my preference should apply to anyone except myself. I am happy to share my preference with you of course but in no way should what I write be taken as "absolute". They are mostly my preference and my observations and others will have their own opinions.

In terms of accuracy I prefer the ZF 15703. But if I need to choose one to wear for myself I will take the ZF 15720 for the color schemes and refreshing look over the "worn and repped to death" 15703. It took the factories more than 10 years and 15 iterations at least to get the 15703 looking and feeling decent. But the progress from here should take much shorter given the increased demand for reps and corresponding interest from the makers to churn out quality products. My advice to you is don't choose a replica based on how accurate it looks, but what you like to wear on your wrist. All reps are reps, and even the most accurate looking one without flaws is a replica. Don't worry about getting called out with either watch if you wear them with confidence. If you want an Audemars Piguet watch, the only way to obtain one is to to buy a genuine. Anything else is just a replica/novelty/custom watch but what does it matter if you like and enjoy it, right?
Is your preference for the ZF 15720 over the APF? On paper it seems quite good, but visually disappointing they colored the gasket wrong on the grey model. APF has correct gasket color and the gen comparison was strikingly good. Any additional thoughts are appreciated.

Reactions: Fast Johnny

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
My gratuitous advice is not to be bothered by the flaws. Replica watches will always have flaws and that is what makes them replicas.
Even if they are visually perfect, you will still know that they are not actual APs and there is no way around that ultimate "flaw".
Trust me, expectations of owners will rise and go from
"wow its a good looking watch" to "awesome, nobody can tell its a rep!" to "OK I will always know its a rep and not an AP". It is just a matter of time, and what is different is how long we spend at each phase and the transitions. You will always know that you are not wearing an actual AP, and if so, the mind will always start looking for flaws, a process which will not exist if you wear a gen.

The fun offered by replica watches lie not in how accurate the replicas are, for the reason stated above, but in enjoying them as they are on the wrist and accepting that they are not gen and shouldn't be compared with gen. Members tend to compare features of the reps vs gen but often neglect to account for the price differences too. When everything is compared including the price, it creates a much more meaningful picture than just comparing features of the watches.
Well said 👌