• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 1016 Dial

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
I just got my 1016 VN rep and love everything about it other than the dial. In my search for a dial, I decided I wanted to replace the Swiss ETA I bought with a gen 1570. I bought a 1003 from a watch dealer friend and will be pulling the 1570 movement from it. Based on that, I'll need a new dial that will fit with the 1570. Looks like MoChaCha and Ruby's dials will both fit the 1570. Gen dial is just too expensive unless I find a reasonable one somewhere.

Just curious what the group thought of the dial options for a gen 1570 movement and which is closest to gen in your opinions.

Thanks!

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
What's your current dial? If it's VN it may just look similar to what Ruby offers.

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
What's your current dial? If it's VN it may just look similar to what Ruby offers.

It was a VN dial. All components were except the Swiss ETA.
My main issue was that the lume was very flat. Had no depth or texture to it.
Also, since I’m going with a gen 1570 movement, this dial won’t work. It was designed to fit the ETA movement.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
I only saw VN dial in 1570 feet. I suspect yours are just a cut-feet one. but to be honest, I think old tritium lume patches are supposed to be flat.

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
I only saw VN dial in 1570 feet. I suspect yours are just a cut-feet one. but to be honest, I think old tritium lume patches are supposed to be flat.
Yes they are cut feet to fit ETA

automatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/11
"...I'll need a new dial that will fit with the 1570."

You might be on the lookout for a used genuine 'tritilume' dial. They have Luminova lume and are signed T<25 for tritium. Once in a while a good one comes up for sale at a reasonable price. They came out about 20 years ago as replacements and do not sell as high as tritium dials because the 'rolex purists' do not want them. They are signed 'rolex' on the back side and were made after RWC bought Beyeler Dial Co in 2020 and started making dials 'in house'.

ToeKnee

Supporter
Certified
13/7/17
"...I'll need a new dial that will fit with the 1570."

You might be on the lookout for a used genuine 'tritilume' dial. They have Luminova lume and are signed T<25 for tritium. Once in a while a good one comes up for sale at a reasonable price. They came out about 20 years ago as replacements and do not sell as high as tritium dials because the 'rolex purists' do not want them. They are signed 'rolex' on the back side and were made after RWC bought Beyeler Dial Co in 2020 and started making dials 'in house'.
Interesting. Where have you seen them?

automatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/11
I have seen them now and then on eBay. Also ask around locally and see if any 'watch guys' or repair shops know of one because they were still available from ADs when they first came out and some got into the 'wrong hands'.

'Wrong hands'' = guys like us.