• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bell & Ross BR05, any owners?

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
Close to pulling the trigger on a BR05 nightlum skeleton, just wondering if any of you have had a BR05, and your thoughts? Good, bad, or indifferent?

I've had a quick look at them, but wondering if they are keepers or not for those that buy them

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
IMHO, The new Br-X5 looks much more accomplished than the BR-05 (although it does come with an unjustifiable price tag)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's a neat piece, but not something I personally could see owning and wearing a decade from now, nor do I see a huge potential to flip it without taking a pretty big hit should you tire of it. Most of my collection (genuine) I accept I'd take a hit financially if I sold them, but I consider them life long keepers as I'm careful with what I buy in genuine. Replicas are my litmus test for what will be a long term keeper and something I'd suggest you consider before dumping that much coin on a watch which I don't get the impression you have researched much on. At least you will be able to decide if you like the more unique shape of the bell and Ross case.

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
I don't mind about value, the one I've found is discontinued limited edition (500) nightlum skeleton and its £4500, not the original price of nearly 7 grand

That's my worry if they're underwhelming when you have them in hand, it's not something I can easily try on first as they aren't available new any more...

Might have to just go for it, there aren't any decent br05 replicas available.