• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beautiful Submariners on Ebay - Report this Trash

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
Look at the insert, pearl and date font. Doesn’t the ZZF look much better than that?
Yeesh. I just glanced at the dial and noticed some of the flaws I remember ZZF having but you’re right, now that I look at the insert 😬 Are people just not afraid of fraud charges?

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
It seems so arbitrary the ones that eBay removes and the ones that they allow. Sometimes I see them removed almost instantly and other times they allow the sale to go through. I would imagine it is costing them a lot of money to have fakes sent to their “authenticators” and then returned to the seller and the sale cancelled. Hopefully that’s what is happening anyway.

Reactions: Tucker

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
The sellers are not even trying to look legit. Most of the examples in this thread haven't even aligned the bezel. Or removed the rep sticker. Or even know what model they are selling.
... and people still bid.
My eyes hurt.

Reactions: unagi

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Found this bad boy. Reported and messaged the seller. Claims to have fake papers

Missed the t off ft and that lume was applied by Stevie wonder

Reported.

That is a fine looking pip as well

Reactions: Tucker and Dusk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Found this bad boy. Reported and messaged the seller. Claims to have fake papers

Nice catch. Reported.

Reactions: Dusk

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19

Trash reported. Good gods what a pile of shite.

nycity223

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/7/21
Why would anyone even sell their rep as legit u just fucking over the industry icl

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Why would anyone even sell their rep as legit u just fucking over the industry icl
Most of the time it’s a seller with little to no feedback. I think they are stupid and desperate. They think they can pull a fast one. They probably think they have a good replica. Occasionally, you get the seller with good feedback who really doesn’t know they are selling a counterfeit. They usually voluntarily pull the sale. My favorites are the crooks who try to tell you that they have papers or have had the watch authenticated. It’s also a red lag when the description identifies the watch as a gift or inheritance. I usually send a polite message informing them that they are selling a fake watch. If they don’t respond it’s because they know it’s a counterfeit. If they want to argue, we argue, but I am always polite. eBay can and will give you a warning if you are abusive. I encourage everybody to send a message to the seller in addition to reporting the sale. I don’t think any of the sellers consider the effect on the hobby or industry.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
It's also a reflection on how blindly materialistic the world is. I wouldn't spend a penny on a status symbol by virtue of the fact the brand is a status symbol. I'd spend the money on the precision, function and design of the machine or product. Some people don't appreciate or see the beauty, design or precision. They see the brand and blindly spend or borrow thousands of dollars for that perceived status. This is what a lot of scammers rely on. The watch I posted was selling for circa $6k when the seller pulled the add. $6k on something so sloppy so a miss informed sheep can feel good about themselves.