• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ReplicaWatchRepair

spectrum

Known Member
9/8/16
Has anyone used or even contacted ReplicaWatchRepair since February? I'm aware they are not trusted modder/vendor of the forum, but gave them a shot a while ago after hearing good feedback from someone here. I initially sent off my CrPO to them back in mid December to service the movement and fix position pin set lever pin. It came back to late January, but the regulation was off. I watched it for a week and then contacted them about it. I was told it was covered under their warranty, and sent with back to them in February for regulation. They've since not replied to my emails or given me any updates. The only way to contact them is via email. The mailing address is a PO box in Chicago. I'm aware that patience is the name of the game with reps, but no update or responses to emails for 6 weeks is worrisome.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Yeah they should've said something to you.

I had a good experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
I had some work for them several weeks back but could never get a real person to communicate with...

B

spectrum

Known Member
9/8/16
Just an update, still have not heard anything back. I filed a PayPal dispute, to which they immediately escalated with PayPal. I sent them an email again at that point, told them I only disputed because I hadn't heard anything and was concerned they packed up shop and left. They still did not reply. PayPal found in my favor. I sent yet another email saying I would return payment with check or PayPal gift if they returned my watch, and surprise, no reply. So I've now gotten a refund of the $124 I spent on service, but am out one of my reps. Lesson learned for using someone not endorsed by RWI.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Just an update, still have not heard anything back. I filed a PayPal dispute, to which they immediately escalated with PayPal. I sent them an email again at that point, told them I only disputed because I hadn't heard anything and was concerned they packed up shop and left. They still did not reply. PayPal found in my favor. I sent yet another email saying I would return payment with check or PayPal gift if they returned my watch, and surprise, no reply. So I've now gotten a refund of the $124 I spent on service, but am out one of my reps. Lesson learned for using someone not endorsed by RWI.

So weird.

How could I have sent two watches to them, both fixed perfectly and returned to me and you have this experience? Mind boggling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectrum

Known Member
9/8/16
After the PayPal dispute, this is what I sent them:

I would be more than happy to return payment, even in the form of a check or PayPal gift payment to get my watch back. I only escalate to a PayPal claim because I didn't get **any** reply back for over 2 months, which made me wonder if you guys vanished into thin air.

5 days later, the one and only reply I've received from them since sending my watch back to them:

Good afternoon ********. Your watch has been pulled from warranty queue, your warranty has been voided and your invoice is now in non-payment status. We discard watches that are not paid within 30 days of invoicing unless other arrangements are made. As of now, 4/18/2017, your invoice is 93 days past due. This email is notice of consideration of forfeiture and we are informing you that we will be discarding your watch, related belongings and material as of 4/18/2017. We will also send notice via USPS mail of the same. Third party confirmation of destruction will be provided via USPS mail in approximately 14-21 days.

This email is is considered final and your account is now closed.

Thank you

Doc @ RWR

kfralin

Horology Curious
9/5/17
I just had the worst experience with them as well. Customer service is appalling. After one month without confirmation of receiving my watch and no tracking as promised, I sent a few emails requesting confirmation of receipt. After 3 emails, got a nasty response that my watch was being returned without repair because I dared ask if it was at least in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
What in the mother effing Fff???

I am going to write these guys out of spite. This is awful.

They could have such a good thing going,

I.dont.understand.

Why fix my watches, then randomly start shitting on everyone elses??? It makes no sense. This world man....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

spectrum

Known Member
9/8/16
I had a few emails back and forth after my dispute. Basically, I was told in a holier than thou attitude that they choose to stop responding to emails when its "beyond what we would consider as acceptable in terms of communication and further communication would require an unfair division of available time and resources" (I sent two emails in two months?). Anyway, they offer a "professional" service, with status tracking, yet don't update the website status or respond to emails.

For all their talk, I haven't gotten "Third party confirmation of destruction will be provided via USPS mail in approximately 14-21 days."

kfralin

Horology Curious
9/5/17
Spectrum, that was same attitude I got from Amy. After having my watch for a month and nothing on the tracking (the number their site claims will let you know where your watch is in process), I sent an email asking to confirm my item wasn't lost in shipping. Again, the intro email states "you will receive a confirmation email when your watch arrives safely". After another 2 weeks without response, i again email asking for delivery confirmation. Amy then replies with a "you are not the type of customer we want so we are sending your watch back" email. I guess I should be thankful it's not a "we are destroying your watch because you have the nerve to ask." I assume they are over extended with work but a little communication and customer service skills would probably avoid a lot of bad PR.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Blown Z

Known Member
4/12/09
Seems pretty shady that they don't local drop offs and you can't even talk to them on the phone! I have heard of a shop in the NW suburbs that is rep friendy but I haven't figured out what shop it is

Darkimplicates

Renowned Member
25/9/16
Has anyone used or even contacted ReplicaWatchRepair since February? I'm aware they are not trusted modder/vendor of the forum, but gave them a shot a while ago after hearing good feedback from someone here. I initially sent off my CrPO to them back in mid December to service the movement and fix position pin set lever pin. It came back to late January, but the regulation was off. I watched it for a week and then contacted them about it. I was told it was covered under their warranty, and sent with back to them in February for regulation. They've since not replied to my emails or given me any updates. The only way to contact them is via email. The mailing address is a PO box in Chicago. I'm aware that patience is the name of the game with reps, but no update or responses to emails for 6 weeks is worrisome.

I prefer sending watches to members who who are actual modders / watchsmith. There are many good ones here if u keep an eye out :)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I too have had a similar experience with replica watch repair. I sent them my watch almost about a month ago, and still no communication at all that they received it, and the tracking doesn't show any status what's so ever. I am very disappointed. I don't feel that I am asking for very much, other than what they already assured to offer their customers in the first place. I am going to ask for my watch to be returned to me, and take it elsewhere.

kfralin

Horology Curious
9/5/17
I too have had a similar experience with replica watch repair. I sent them my watch almost about a month ago, and still no communication at all that they received it, and the tracking doesn't show any status what's so ever. I am very disappointed. I don't feel that I am asking for very much, other than what they already assured to offer their customers in the first place. I am going to ask for my watch to be returned to me, and take it elsewhere.

Don't expect a friendly response. I got my watch back and fixed it myself. Hopefully that works out long term...

Sent from the RWI App

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Lol, what a mess.

spectrum

Known Member
9/8/16
Never got my "Third party confirmation of destruction will be provided via USPS mail in approximately 14-21 days."

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I have their address. Pay them a "nice" visit.

301 E Congress Pkwy #338
Crystal Lake, IL 60039

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Soldier2304

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/17

Theres plenty of reputable watchsmiths and modders on the forum but you guys use this shady "company". You have it all well deserved if you lose the money and your watch