• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Authoritative opinion on Cubans

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Gents:

Can someone with first-hand experience please PM me with details on getting Cubans in the U.S.

I'm seeing way too many smokers from all over the U.S. enjoying Cubans and I'm getting very jealous. If there's some sort of secret hand shake that I'm not aware of, can someone please fill me in. I'm starting to feel left out. I just want to enjoy some Cubans. Please!

Sincerely,

Sir Lonely Robusto

johsScandi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/16
It is my experience that most Cuban cigars here in the States are fakes and not the good kind either. While most "real" cuban cigars are bold flavored the copies are mild. If you are a mild-medium flavor cigar guy then you are not missing out. I have been told my reliable sources who have visited Cuba that even in the Country there is a difference between the "real factories" and the tourist ones. This means that even a cigar bought in Cuba is not from the authentic factores, ex Cohiba,Monte Cristo, Partagas etc)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The statement above is pretty accurate -- I have been off of Cubans for over 10 years. If you like the flavor and the strength of Cubans, explore many of the Nicaraguan factories that are putting out extraordinary blends: AJ Fernandez, Undercrown/Liga Privada, Pepin Garcia/My Father, and even the latest Nicaraguan Davidoffs -- the latter are some of the most flavorful and consistent smokes I've had in a long time. They aren't cheap, but they'll make your buddies smoking Cubans salivate for a superior product.

There is no question that Cuban tobacco is the best in the world, but the inconsistencies in the product and the hassle of getting them just makes it easier and better IMO to go someplace else. I've also been laughed at numerous times for saying that, but never by anyone I would respect regarding their taste in cigars -- nor have I ever had to recant my statements after lighting up a fresh Cuban, which I would gladly do if warranted.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You can get them shipped from Canadian companies. They are super expensive but genuine Cubans. Search the internet.

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
You can get them shipped from Canadian companies. They are super expensive but genuine Cubans. Search the internet.

++1 Twice a year I get them from canadiancigar.com They are a couple of guys I had bring in cigars for my xmas party that have expanded and sell to most oil co's now in Calgary.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Just make sure you have a phone number for the Canadian company that you can call and talk to them about your order. Once you find a shop with which you are comfortable the flood gates are opened.

Bigpotato

27/10/14
If you're after 100% authentic cubans send me a PM with what you're after and I can point you in the right direction.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Poor Americans . . .
I just walk into my nearest tobacconist :p

St-Maxime

Certified
3/10/16
EU
I've lived in the US for two years and I ordered several boxes from Hong Kong, all of which arrived in perfect shape and within a few days. No customs issues at all. It does not seem to be a problem at all, but that was two years ago.