• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

asian 6497-2 is very loud

jeranimo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/3/16
Yesterday I received a new watch a TAG Heur pendulum, is has an asian 6497-2 as a beating heart. The movement is the same as in my PAM 111 noob v3 but it is twice as loud or even more. I can hear the TAG ticking on the wrist almost al time of day while my PAM is much more quiet. So is there a way to make the movement in the TAG less loud?
bab95f36fe3f2973d01fc7ed3718dd35.jpg

Tap tap talk

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Its the case design that dicates the movements "loudness".

D

d4m.test

Earplugs, get used to it, put it in another room. As reliable and sturdy the 6497-2 are, they tick loud and depending on the caseset much more so. At night, I can´t stand it and lock it away in a box in the wardrobe - others love to listen to the sound as it´s an assurance everything is working, that it´s quite mechanical and it´s a kind of company.

jeranimo

28/3/16
Hmmm, to bad. Hopen there was a way to make the watch more quite. Hope I'm used to it

Tap tap talk

BullishAndrew

23/7/16
North America
Some möbius 9010 on the pallet jewels, escapement, and all associated jewels may help, but you get: classic, quiet, and robust, pick 2. The 6497 and 6497-2 are as robust as they come. Otherwise, it's a hand wing watch so no reason to sleep with it. Put it in your bathroom and wind every morning.

Sent from the RWI mobile app