• PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING RWI TODAY !
    We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY,
    CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
  • RWI no longer offers support for TapaTalk due to support issues and the cost of doing so. The new software offers excellent support for mobile browsers on both Android and iOS with a mobile version of the stndard forum themes. Please use your browser of choice for viewing RWI on your mobile device from now on.

asian 6497-2 is very loud

jeranimo

28/3/16
Yesterday I received a new watch a TAG Heur pendulum, is has an asian 6497-2 as a beating heart. The movement is the same as in my PAM 111 noob v3 but it is twice as loud or even more. I can hear the TAG ticking on the wrist almost al time of day while my PAM is much more quiet. So is there a way to make the movement in the TAG less loud?
bab95f36fe3f2973d01fc7ed3718dd35.jpg

Tap tap talk

DVNE

7/11/12
Its the case design that dicates the movements "loudness".

D

d4m.test

Earplugs, get used to it, put it in another room. As reliable and sturdy the 6497-2 are, they tick loud and depending on the caseset much more so. At night, I can´t stand it and lock it away in a box in the wardrobe - others love to listen to the sound as it´s an assurance everything is working, that it´s quite mechanical and it´s a kind of company.

jeranimo

28/3/16
Hmmm, to bad. Hopen there was a way to make the watch more quite. Hope I'm used to it

Tap tap talk

BullishAndrew

23/7/16
North America
Some möbius 9010 on the pallet jewels, escapement, and all associated jewels may help, but you get: classic, quiet, and robust, pick 2. The 6497 and 6497-2 are as robust as they come. Otherwise, it's a hand wing watch so no reason to sleep with it. Put it in your bathroom and wind every morning.

Sent from the RWI mobile app