• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asian 3135 vs. ETA 2836?

uhrminator

Renowned Member
Supporter
18/10/15
South Austria
thx for your expert opinion. But after searching, i have found some threads where people matches rlx gmt gen hands on her asia2836. But i dont know if they use a other dial also.
I guess the 2836 is not a real mechanically one or ?

thx a lot for your help :)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
thx for your expert opinion. But after searching, i have found some threads where people matches rlx gmt gen hands on her asia2836. But i dont know if they use a other dial also.
I guess the 2836 is not a real mechanically one or ?

thx a lot for your help :)

There are one of several ways this is accomplished.
1. The noob CHS movement is used(very unreliable) and the hand's posts are crimped and broached to fit. The dial feet are cut and either reattached in the new position or dial dots used.

2. A SH3135 is modded to a 3185 by swapping in a few genuine parts (9 I think to be exact). This will then have the correct genuine hand stack and dial feet will match up.

3. A genuine 3186 is installed and of course all genuine components will fit. This is the route i went with my GMT, pictured below....mine is all genuine except the midcase.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge where the superclone 8500 would fit in the above scenarios, if at all, in part because its too new, part because Omega (and Panerai) parts are much harder to get then Rolex. odds are the watchsmith can make the hands fit but as I said, without a genuine dial it's a waste of money and the VSF Omega is extremely good out of the box.

IMG_20180408_1003366e613c066f387d42.jpg

uhrminator

Renowned Member
Supporter
18/10/15
South Austria
Great thx for your Post. One question i still have.

1. The noob CHS movement is used(very unreliable) and the hand's posts are crimped and broached to fit. The dial feet are cut and either reattached in the new position or dial dots used.

Means Point one a solution for the 2836Movement?

thx

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Great thx for your Post. One question i still have.

Means Point one a solution for the 2836Movement?

thx

Yes 1) or 1. ... Just first in the list of options.

Remember, the noob CHS isn't a standard handstack so regular ETA hands will not fit. It's base is a 2836, but highly modified and very fragile.

Reactions: uhrminator

pip72

21/2/19
I have a rep milgauss with a 2824-2 movement instead of a 2836-2 does that seem legit?

pip72

21/2/19
I'm looking for a highest quality movement for a Milgauss clone. Can anybody recommended one and where to purchase?

pip72

21/2/19
Which maker? ARF tends to use 2824.

Not sure the seller would not provide information. I'll take off the case-back and check. What should I check for to see what type of movement it is? I want a movement that is generic and does not have the date or week complication because it is not needed but the best quality.

Reactions: Sobra79

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I have an SA3135 and it broke after a couple of weeks. I have to shake it for it to start moving every hour.

Mine did the same thing, and in Indianapolis, NOBODY will work on it. I’m stuck with a watch I wanted for years, and finally pulled the trigger on, which doesn’t even work anymore.

ogjrec

Horology Curious
14/12/16
Mine did the same thing, and in Indianapolis, NOBODY will work on it. I’m stuck with a watch I wanted for years, and finally pulled the trigger on, which doesn’t even work anymore.

That sucks. I won't buy 3135 for this very reason

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Just thought I'd kick this one off again rather than starting a new thread. Regarding servicing of a clone ETA vs a clone 3135 movement. Do the same issues regarding watchmakers not wanting to service a cloned 3135 exist with Asian ETA movements?

I'm new to this and a few posters recommend servicing reps upon receiving them.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: owlsi

Cigarlvr313

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
29/4/19
Washington State, USA
I find myself in the same situation as others on this thread. I have a beautiful "Noob" 116600 Sea Dweller that I purchased in May of 2019. It has been a great watch up until recently.........The first thing that stopped working was the wind position so the only way to keep the watch running is to wear it..........often, that done though and it still works just fine. The next thing that stopped working was the "fast advance" of the days when they need to be corrected. Now the only way to correct the date is to advance it manually 24 hrs at a time. The watch has never been cleaned or serviced and I am thinking of sending it to one of the "trusted repair" members here. Before I do though I thought I'd ask you all if it is worth repairing this movement or replacing it with a different/better one? Thanks.