• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asian 2834-2 Rotor screw stopping the movement

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
After having to reassemble the wheel train to fix one of the wheels that had detached itself from the pinion (intermediate wheel). I now find that when I screw on the rotor, it stops the movement. When I free it a little, it starts moving again. It seems to me the screw is too long and it’s touching the jewel but that doesn’t make sense because it used to be ok. Is it oiling? Do I need to dab it with the moebius?

b3e3b9eed6b87d4b0b42bd28f950120f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
After having to reassemble the wheel train to fix one of the wheels that had detached itself from the pinion (intermediate wheel). I now find that when I screw on the rotor, it stops the movement. When I free it a little, it starts moving again. It seems to me the screw is too long and it’s touching the jewel but that doesn’t make sense because it used to be ok. Is it oiling? Do I need to dab it with the moebius?

That's odd. Are you sure that you are using the correct screw?

There are two screws needed to screw down the automatic winding mechanism (the assembly as seen in your picture) to the movement (one at the bottom of your arrow and one on the opposite side of the plate), and then another screw to screw down the rotor on top of the automatic winding mechanism. Just asking to make sure that you did not mix up those srews by accident?

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
That's odd. Are you sure that you are using the correct screw?

There are two screws needed to screw down the automatic winding mechanism (the assembly as seen in your picture) to the movement (one at the bottom of your arrow and one on the opposite side of the plate), and then another screw to screw down the rotor on top of the automatic winding mechanism. Just asking to make sure that you did not mix up those srews by accident?

Yes, I have the two tiny black screws to hold the automatic winding bridge. I took the picture with the bridge off to illustrate my point.

But you might be onto something. I recall those two screws to be somewhat quirky. When unscrewing, one of them would not come out by itself I had pull it out together with the bridge . It probably needs to be screwed in harder.

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Yes, I have the two tiny black screws to hold the automatic winding bridge. I took the picture with the bridge off to illustrate my point.

But you might be onto something. I recall those two screws to be somewhat quirky. When unscrewing, one of them would not come out by itself I had pull it out together with the bridge . It probably needs to be screwed in harder.

Make sure that the bridge sits firmly in its place, move the wheels gently so that the teeth grip and until you see all the wheels moving, but don't force anything.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
[solved] You were right!! I mixed up the screws! Oh my god I feel so silly.

The long pointy screw in the first picture was actually the ratchet wheel screw (415) and I had the ratchet with the rotor screw (1134), which is just a short stubbed screw shown below.

878ba47b7a8ffa34bb3932ecfdcd5bf1.jpg

I don’t even know how it was winding but it seems both screws were the same size (except the length).

Thank you @Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
[solved] You were right!! I mixed up the screws! Oh my god I feel so silly.

The long pointy screw in the first picture was actually the ratchet wheel screw (415) and I had the ratchet with the rotor screw (1134), which is just a short stubbed screw shown below.

878ba47b7a8ffa34bb3932ecfdcd5bf1.jpg

I don’t even know how it was winding but it seems both screws were the same size (except the length).

Thank you @Plaasbaas

You are very welcome, glad I could help :)