• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs. VSF DateJust 41 126334

repclouts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/17
Hi there,

Sorry for the noobie question but I was wondering the consensus on the new DateJust 41 126334 VSF (link). I would like to buy a Datejust and see that the ARF Datejust 41 (link) is classified as First Class NWBIG. I would rather purchase the one closer to gen so was wondering if one is significantly better than the other or they are both 'first class'.

Many Thanks.

Reactions: amager2300

Venniz

26/7/20
Hi there,

Sorry for the noobie question but I was wondering the consensus on the new DateJust 41 126334 VSF (link). I would like to buy a Datejust and see that the ARF Datejust 41 (link) is classified as First Class NWBIG. I would rather purchase the one closer to gen so was wondering if one is significantly better than the other or they are both 'first class'.

Many Thanks.

Out of the box without mods there is a consensus the VSF win over ARF V3.

If you get an ARF V3 and you overlay a gen datewheel and you change to a gen crystal there is no consensus.

So ask yourself first if you are going to mods it or no. If no you already have your answer, a VSF.

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21

If you get an ARF V3 and you overlay a gen datewheel and you change to a gen crystal there is no consensus.

So ask yourself first if you are going to mods it or no. If no you already have your answer, a VSF.

Nice explanation, I had also that doubt =)

Reactions: Evileddie

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

That is a very straight forward answer, thank you very much :D

Reactions: DonHelmut

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
my opinion, on some points the ARF beats the vsf (lugs, bracelet and fluted bezel)

​​​​​​But the vsf is surperiour in most other parts, dial, datewheel, and especially the 3235 movement.

Reactions: Kevstah

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Well said!! There are a few other areas of consideration.

ARF Jubilee bracelet is amazing but then recently noticed on the VSF thread that a member used VSF jubilee on his gen (so it must be that good)

The VSF has the true clone 3235 movement which takes gen balance/bridge, autowind and even a gen 3235 DW. So its potential for franken/modding is promising. I have a franken ARF (Gen Rhodium Dial, gen crystal, 3235 DW overlay, gen 2824 and gen crown). But if I were to do this today - I would absolutely go with the VSF. Its great ootb and has infinite modding potential.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Neither has the correct finishing on lugs. Other than that I would think vsf is the better choice but case is better on arf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Just received my VSF today and thought I share some comparison shots with ARF.

Please note that ARF has gen crystal so comparing their crystal quality would not be a fair case. We all know vsf has far superior xtal than stock arf.

VSF on the Left, ARF on the Right

Daylight

ZpW0c5.jpg

Indoor Light
ZpWIFE.jpg

Here's a shot to show VSF's BH effect compared to Gen. xtal.
ZpWiJF.jpg

Under Direct indoor light
ZpWak5.jpg

Under White Desk Light
ZpWA2c.jpg

ZpWJCt.jpg

Lumeshot
ZpWhFI.jpg

VSF left ARF right
ZpWUjb.jpg

ARF left VSF right
ZpWWOp.jpg

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
i went with the VRF DJ2 41mm....i think its pretty spot on other than lume plots are a little spotty or not as strong. but i do like the 3235 clone movement in there. VSF wasn't available at the time and I didn't want a 2824 so I ended up at VRF. I think dial color is great vs gen....blue to the hint of black. great sunburst.

but these all look great! the details are minute at this point. the mactro level of discussing a piece.

Reactions: fortyfour

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
After spending a whole day looking at both ARF & VSF next to each other in all kinds of different light settings.....

I honestly like ARF dial better even though it's further away from gen....I know all the VSF fanboys out there will kill me for saying this but VSF dial just doesn't have enough of that deep rich blue color and also lacks in sunburst as well.

I've came to a conclusion that I'm gonna keep the VSF and just gonna get the gen dial eventually since it seems like it's interchangeable.

My ultimate goal would be gen crystal (already purchased & on the way),
gen d/w (does it take 3135 or 3235? I remember reading someone saying it takes 3135 instead of 3235),
gen dial, hands and crown.

It's gonna be a fun and long ass journey! ;)

Cheers.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
After spending a whole day looking at both ARF & VSF next to each other in all kinds of different light settings.....

I honestly like ARF dial better even though it's further away from gen....I know all the VSF fanboys out there will kill me for saying this but VSF dial just doesn't have enough of that deep rich blue color and also lacks in sunburst as well.

I've came to a conclusion that I'm gonna keep the VSF and just gonna get the gen dial eventually since it seems like it's interchangeable.

gen d/w (does it take 3135 or 3235? I remember reading someone saying it takes 3135 instead of 3235),

Cheers.

Nice summary, from your pics I also like the deeper blue contrast of ARF.

The 126610 VSF takes a 3135 DW (they used the wrong date plate here), however the DJ41 in VSF takes the gen 3235 DW, I have confirmed this from my Watchmaker.

Reactions: Kevstah and jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Nice summary, from your pics I also like the deeper blue contrast of ARF.

The 126610 VSF takes a 3135 DW (they used the wrong date plate here), however the DJ41 in VSF takes the gen 3235 DW, I have confirmed this from my Watchmaker.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
GEN

6312afc8f966845daa2f89e29d319b24.png

b351e82082132e690b1c1d9ba7079d79.png

VS - VSF

7468ec645bcebf48af0b8da82ab84f16.jpg

VSF - ARF

b61f7ef48597ac561efebeaad400d3d8.png

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Not sure what you're showing here mate. Looks like the top two pics, gen v vsf, then bottom two ARF v VSF (bigger gap between 2 and 5 in 25 marker. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Not sure what you're showing here mate. Looks like the top two pics, gen v vsf, then bottom two ARF v VSF (bigger gap between 2 and 5 in 25 marker. Is that correct?

in the first two photos you see a Gen, then a VSF and then an ARF.

I only posted to compare the dial color.

from these photos and from these lights "it seems" that VSF is more similar to the gen (in color)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

Cheers.
That's nice comparison pics. Is it ARF v3 you own? I have the v2 and your dial seem to have deeper blue than mine but it could just be the lighning. Do you know if ARF changed dial color from v2 to v3?

I only thought it was the 6-o'clock crown that was added in v3 but maybe also a color/sunburst update?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just received my VSF today and thought I share some comparison shots with ARF.

Great pics bro, thanks. I almost grabbed a VSF blue today. I currently have a Noob and while its shade of blue is not gen-like, it looks nice to me. Obviously the dial is a 11x series.

The crowns are different too on all three dials.

Zpoxs3.jpg

Last edited:

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
in the first two photos you see a Gen, then a VSF and then an ARF.

I only posted to compare the dial color.

from these photos and from these lights "it seems" that VSF is more similar to the gen (in color)

Thanks for clarifying and the pics, but the VSF is surely below the ARF as denoted by the bigger gap in the 25 marker.

Reactions: Clarkent