• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are these gen hands?

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I purchased this old BP 11610ln masquerading as an LV and it came with a second set of hands in a little box which had I think may have originally been on the watch.

Trouble is the hands on the watch now don’t match an LV they are not fat enough ( and yes I need the rehaut polished out ), but when I compare the hands on the watch now with the ones in the second set, the hands fitted seem much higher quality, but a bit too rounde. When I look at "gen" hands for the 11610 they actually look very flat more like the ones NOT fitted, I'm confused.

Any ideas? Do the hands fitted look genuine or are the flat ones off the watch the better?

I see when

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Certified
21/3/23
Where the buffalo roam
Sorry to bump an old thread but did you ever find an answer to this?

I remember reading that the hand set sizes on both 11610 and 111610 were the same but the 111610 had a thicker lume applied to the minute hand. Not sure how accurate this is though.

I'm interested as I've seen a nice sub handset come up and trying to work out which version they're from (seller hasn't responded to my message yet).

Last edited:

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Hi there - I found the original person who owned this watch and the handset came from Cousins so they were not rolex OEM. the LV and LN hands are different for sure, the LV has the maxi handset like the newer subs. So if you are looking for a LN set for a 6 digit you need the maxi hands, but if its a 5 digit then you'll want the thinner ones... does that help? not sure it does ;)

Reactions: Art Vandelay

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@Art Vandelay Could you ask your seller for a lume shot. If the hands glow green they're 16610 five digit, and blue they're 116610 or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Vandelay