• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are there any TRUE SWISS GRADE 1 sellers?

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hi everyone,

I just started collecting rep Rolex watches, and I am educating myself and learning quickly! I am also extremly picky, and want the rep to look as accurate as possible. After much research, I purchased my first rep, a black submariner with SWISS ETA 2836-2 movement and the Rolex crown engraving with pretty accurate markings, O'ring, laser etched crown, etc. (I purchased a Rolex caseback opener on eBay to check). I now purchased a TT Black/Gold Submariner and put a solid 14K band on it from the same seller. The problem I am finding is these watches use the same generic "F" serial number F328040 and if you want to purchase a TT Submariner they have 16610 instead of 16613 as well. Obviously, many watches re-use the same markings/etchings? Also, while the font itself seems pretty good, the font LINE UP never seems to be EXACT as on a real Rolex. Is there any sellers out there that actually sell genuine SWISS Grade 1 Rolex reps with accurate font, font line up, serial numbers (other than this generic "F" serial number) and accurate model numbers? Is there such a thing or is it all hype? Are there any sellers/websites anybody can recommend with accurate watches and true solid 18/14k/SS bands as well? Thanks!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You've to do it by yourself. The mods are not easily done and won't be mass produced. Your expectation is high and genuine parts don't come by easily. You may take a look at MBW Rolex that offers room for mod.

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Mostly hype, Grade 1 Swiss.... blah... blah..... blah, terminology from scam sites that has no validity whatsoever,
there are simply good and not so good reps, all this grading stuff is hype.

If you are truly that picky, you need to get the best quality rep you can find then start having it modded to suit your needs, it will cost you but still a fraction of a genuine.

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Forget the Swiss Grade 1 stuff. It is marketing crap. All of these watches are produced in Asia. Some come with Swiss movements and some come with Asian movements, either way they are still Asian made watches.

As far as the serial numbers go, how many times have you removed the band to show someone your serial number? I never have and I doubt most people do, it is just an added feature to make it look more authentic, but anyone who wants to see the serial number will be able to see that that number does not belong to that watch. I have never looked between the lugs of my Rolex, I don't even know if there is one there.

As far as font and the line up, I assume you are referring to the dial. I think you are giving Rolex and everyone else who looks at your watch too much credit. Most people would not know a gen from rep in a million years. As far as the line up goes there are different variations from year to year when it comes the line up of the M's and the Swiss Made. If you look at some, there are variations with in the same year.

For bands, Rolex do not use solid bands in the gens. They all have hollow mid links. I know you are thinking that the rep has a cheap crappy band, right? Try one at an AD, it is the same cheap crappy band. This is one thing the rep companies got completely right, Rolex oyster bands suck. When it comes to the Gold, most dealers do not use real gold. The only person I know of that is offering real gold is PT and he is offering a Blue TT sub, but only the center links and the crown are 14k gold. The bezel is actually plated. However, if you are really after a watch that looks accurate, I would stay away from the Blue TT subs, the dials usually look really off.

So really, the answer to all you questions is.....no.

However, if you want what is generally considered one of the best Rolex Sub replicas on the planet, get an MBW. They will accept gen parts and look really dead on. They do have flaws, but those can be corrected.

I know you are after the most hyper accurate sub known to man and believe me, you are not alone there. The question is, how much are willing to spend to get it? If you would spend anything, go get a gen and have the best sub available. If you don't want to spend that much, then get one of the best replicas you can find, from one of the dealers adn have it modified to look even better than it already does. Last if you just want a really good one, buy one from any dealer and enjoy the hell out of it.

S/S Rolex Sub
Gen - $4800 - $7500
Rep w/ Mods - $500-$1000
Rep w/o Mods - $100-$350

Tink131

16/3/06
You're right Roe- the bands are crappy!! I was sooo surprised when I visited the AD :shock: My watch may not be so accurate because of the quality of my bracelet- but I like it better- it seems much nicer that the gen Rolex- amazing!!

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I just wanted to thank all of you that replied to my question! I was thinking one had to pay $800-$1,000 to get the "hyper-accurate" rep I was looking for. Your information on the scam "Swiss Grade 1" BS (which I kind of suspected but was not sure) has saved me from making a VERY costly mistake!

Again, thank you...Warrcraft

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
at the end of the day?
unless your goal is to 'fool' a certified dealer?
a modded rep cannot be beat..
and to then fool a modded dealer?
You would need a couple of things..
a genuine rolex movement $$$$$$$
genuine rolex warranty papers with serial number, then have the watch engraved
with the same serial number..
genuine box, and wallet etc.. and don't forget the hand tag!
a NOS (or spot on replica) dial...
so now you are close to $4,000/$5,000 IF you can even get genuine rollie papers..

: )

gets kinda crazy..

On the other hand, you can get a Franck Muller Conquistador, with the same exact genuine Swiss ETA 2892-2 movent (same as FM gen) for $300 or so.. and the only flaws are the second hand, the crown, and the font/thickness on dial lettering.. and 99% of people will never know the difference.. how many times have you seen someone wearing a FM Conquistador?

One of our dealers metnioned something, and all agree that?
"A replica is a replica."

Hooray for fun!

Life is Good!
Klink

eLiNK

2/4/06
Haven't heard that hype about different grades for quite some time now.

Nice sweet memories ... :lol: