• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer custom build. Help

sirioñoco

Horology Curious
11/12/22
Argentina
Hi! I'm a huge quartz watch fan. In my collection i have severan gen and replica watches with brands such as seiko, longines and Tag heuer.

I've recently bought a second hand very well made tag heuer aquaracer rep. However when i opened to replace the battery i noticed that it has a seiko vj42 movement which is very very cheap. Since the original aquaracer has a Ronda 6003d movement and it cost like 30 bucks in aliexpress, i need to know if the vj42b movement could be replaced for the "original" one.

Thank you very much!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
We will need much more information my man, model, case size pics etc?

sirioñoco

Horology Curious
11/12/22
Argentina
Hello and thank you for your answer. The model is a Tag aquaracer 43mm.

Even though it runs fine, my desire is to upgrade the movement. I´ve cheked with trusty but they dont sell spare parts. So my best option is to buy a movement from aliexpress. So i have to find a compatible movement with the HOUR/MINUTE/SECONDS hands and try to adapt the display. Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
The fact that the watch has a date complication makes things... Well.. even more complicated than they already are! Unless the Seiko and Ronda quartz movements have identical specs (which they do not), I don't see it happening without heavy (& costly) modifications!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
PS: You have to consider hands attachment, date window position, & size, date wheel, dial attachment, dial diameter, movement diameter, crown and stem must all be compatible or modified to be compatible.