• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Apsf 15450

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Got my QC, I rejected it because I think the bezel screw holes are too round, but TD said they are fine. What do you guys think about this one? Clixpix is not working, so I up these links

https://imgur.com/QIP83xH

https://imgur.com/CUMVH96
They are not exactly laser-cut. This is common among AP reps. And without contrasting background and a great deal of lighting, you won't see jack shot.

Please don't break out the reddit "line tool" for your next QC...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Please don't break out the reddit "line tool" for your next QC...
We do have the RWI equivalent it’s essentially the same except accompanied by the sincere belief (and outrage) that the owner has outsmarted the QC through application of mathematical precision drawing.

Reactions: Revolper

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
We do have the RWI equivalent it’s essentially the same except accompanied by the sincere belief (and outrage) that the owner has outsmarted the QC through application of mathematical precision drawing.
Oh, right. I just use my thumb on a pencil and close 1 eye. And I think Im still more accurate than both of those. 😝

Dylan1464

Do not accept unsolicited offers
1/7/23
NY
I got my QC today on my wife’s 15450 and I rejected. The 12 marker doesn’t seem parallel. The bottoms of the markers have a tiny space in between but the TD is insisting it’s fine.

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I am not being picky but I compared my QC to other photos posted in this thread by other members, and the screw holes on my QC looks round.

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Not sure why the ASPF is not getting more attention. Seems pretty nice to me, I know it is not perfect, but 37mm is really limited.

I ordered the grey dial, got my QC and I am pretty happy with what I see. I saw some other QCs that had mismatched lume markers at 12, but on mine it seems even as it is just the angle of the pic. The dealer gave a video as well, but not sure how to upload that... it shows the lume at 12 are indeed even

ordered for the same reason as @SOLEX

rejected the first due to the 12 markers, accepted this one as it's better, slight marginal shift but on wrist i doubt it would be an issue. im not in any way an expert. cannot comment on the rest. APS

3vpbgo.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am not being picky but I compared my QC to other photos posted in this thread by other members, and the screw holes on my QC looks round.
If you have already decided then just tell the dealer to change one for you until you’re satisfied. This is strictly your purchase and nobody else needs to get involved. No need to post pics here especially when you’ve made up your mind. Makes sense?

Reactions: joeyc

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
If you have already decided then just tell the dealer to change one for you until you’re satisfied. This is strictly your purchase and nobody else needs to get involved. No need to post pics here especially when you’ve made up your mind. Makes sense?

I got the same issue as the other team member above, TD insisting the holes are fine. Without any experience with AP reps, how do I know they are normally made like that. So just after some opinions from experience members.

Anyway I got for what I asked.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I got the same issue as the other team member above, TD insisting the holes are fine. Without any experience with AP reps, how do I know they are normally made like that. So just after some opinions from experience members.

Anyway I got for what I asked.
Look at it this way. You yourself admit that you have no experience with AP reps. No problem. But your TD does have experience. If, when asked, he confirms that the watch is perfectly OK, the matter is settled. Because if you don't trust your TRUSTED dealer, the whole thing makes little sense.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So, just to confirm, the front screws are just glued and purely decorative on the APSF, unlike the old JF ones?

Has anyone measured how slim it really is? Factories usually claim very weird measurements and I remember my only gripe with JF was that it felt strange being more than 10mm and just 37mm wide. It had sort of "drum/tambourine" proportions to me (I can't find a better way to say it) when it should feel quite slim instead.

Last question, how are the bracelet screws? Does it use the same pin+screw system as the original?

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
The only problem I see is the Automatic is place in the wrong position compare to gen's. Everything else is just wonderful. It's gonna be a great base for franken.
Bravo APSF !!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
How about thickness? Has anyone managed to measure one of these in the wild?

Victorparis92

Getting To Know The Place
28/2/23
Paris
Look at it this way. You yourself admit that you have no experience with AP reps. No problem. But your TD does have experience. If, when asked, he confirms that the watch is perfectly OK, the matter is settled. Because if you don't trust your TRUSTED dealer, the whole thing makes little sense.
You’re joking right ? Please tell me you’re joking

beonghoon sohn

Do not accept unsolicited offers
14/3/19
south korea
Anyone order the white dial yet? Would love to see some QC pics

Here it is. 🙋‍♂️
I got this one after one rejection due to lower location of dw.

Pretty satisfying with the overall quality.

Especially the movement is awsome.
Quick date chane around 12 noon.
And the feeling that manipulating the crwon is really 'gen-like' smooth.

But the bracelet, i am not sure it just my bad luck or its the quality problem of thia whole series, feels little too sharp.

Compare to my xf 15202.

So i send it to local moder to polished and smoothned it a bit.

Size is bit small to my 17.3cm wrist.
I think 39 mm jumbo is perfect fot my wrist. But is seems good with the smart casual or suit.

I hope this article helps you make a choice.:)

Reactions: grillbrill

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Here it is. 🙋‍♂️
I got this one after one rejection due to lower location of dw.

Pretty satisfying with the overall quality.

Especially the movement is awsome.
Quick date chane around 12 noon.
And the feeling that manipulating the crwon is really 'gen-like' smooth.

But the bracelet, i am not sure it just my bad luck or its the quality problem of thia whole series, feels little too sharp.

Compare to my xf 15202.

So i send it to local moder to polished and smoothned it a bit.

Size is bit small to my 17.3cm wrist.
I think 39 mm jumbo is perfect fot my wrist. But is seems good with the smart casual or suit.

I hope this article helps you make a choice.:)

Something is wrong if the date changed at noon :)