• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APS 3120 movement disassembled pictures and video

MHX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/17
Great comparison and very similar to gen. Any idea if any plans exist to replace the balance wheel with one’s like gen? Do you know if gen balance wheel fits?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Great comparison and very similar to gen. Any idea if any plans exist to replace the balance wheel with one’s like gen? Do you know if gen balance wheel fits?
It would cost a lot more to do that, the factory may consider stop perfecting on the final 3% cloning and make it cheaper for you guys instead.

Reactions: dogwood and BIONONE

MHX

20/3/17
It would cost a lot more to do that, the factory may consider stop perfecting on the final 3% cloning and make it cheaper for you guys instead.
Yes, of course, I don't think cheaper is necessary. But I am pretty sure a lot of people would pay more just to have the correct balance wheel.

Reactions: rmxap310

rmxap310

Known Member
Certified
2/11/11
thank you for this post. Truly amazing replica movement.

compared to gen 3120, it winds and sounds nearly the same

So is there an updated version coming?

Last edited:
Reactions: CTime

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
Can someone please let me know the diameter and thickness of the APS 3120 ?
I wonder if it fit the JF 15450 case? (fit 2824 at 25.6mm diameter)

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
Yes it will. I’ve already retrofitted a few JF 15450 with the clone 3120 cal.
Thank you for your help. I was a bit worry when I found out that the gen 3120 diameter is 1mm bigger than the 2824.
Always a pleasure to get knowledge from you.

Zeroed1

5/5/21
Ive had 2 of these 3120 clone movements with autowind issues. One with stripped gears on the click wheel, the other one yet unknown but it doesnt autowind with the rotor rotating without any resistance.

Both were gently used.

Thoughts / other experiences?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Ive had 2 of these 3120 clone movements with autowind issues. One with stripped gears on the click wheel, the other one yet unknown but it doesnt autowind with the rotor rotating without any resistance.

Both were gently used.

Thoughts / other experiences?
You may need to find a watchsmith to have a look first to know that was the problem from

Mat K

Looking Around
6/9/23
How do you remove the crown stem? Turning the small screw clockwise or anticlockwise?

I tried to turn the screw anticlockwise but it was so tight and seems not possible to remove it.

Mat K

Looking Around
6/9/23
Yes it will. I’ve already retrofitted a few JF 15450 with the clone 3120 cal.
I've tried to put the APS 3120 into JF 15450 but didnt work. It seems that the case is too small to fit the movement and the need to be trimmed to make a bigger hole.

What changes you made to the Jf case??

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
@CTime thank you so much for this video and side by side comparison. What a community contributing all this alpha content for this hobby!