• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD etched crown on crystal?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Is the DSSD supposed to have an etched crown on the crystal at the 6? Haven't heard anyone in the reviews of it mention if it's supposed to be there or not...

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Yes it has a LEC... can't speak for all V's but the "Ultimate" has it. Btw, it is considerably smaller than the typical LEC on the Subs, it can not be seen with out magnification (which IMO is fantastic!).

Rolex058.jpg

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
The Trevor edition, or at least mine... does not have one at all. But it should.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
CBR, have you checked with a loupe? At first I thought mine didn't have one either, but using the luope I found it! Size wise it is identical to gen, I compared it to my dad's Sub.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Yep, just checked with a 10x and nada... nothing there. I even checked around the entire crystal thinking maybe the crystal was not set correctly. I have on another version found the coronet over at the 9 oclock position.
And I have a spare V3 crystal, but it will not work in this case.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Well I don't know how they did it, but kudos to the "Ultimate" factory because they nailed this ultra tiny detail perfectly!

You say you found a LEC at the 9 position once... guess I'm super lucky, mine is spot on @ 6. Having said that, I paid $100 more than trevor's price, so it wasn't free...lol

howasong

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/09
You can get one ($129 + S/H) from Robert (Time4Direct) which also has the LEC at 6 o'clock. See my review here.

crazyness

Horology Curious
25/11/09
Not all of them suppose to have it right? I think the newer version of the GEN do not have them anymore.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Here's a Gen with a very obvious etched crown...

etchedcrownoncrystal.jpg

Code:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=1585375&postcount=15

"Since quite some time now, all Rolexes come fitted with Sapphire Crystals which have a small laser etched coronet at the 6 o'clock position."

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have a early version with mineral crystal, but with an amazing coronet at 6, my mate has a newer version with super domed (as in far too domed) crystal without coronet at 6.
as usual, there is no real version number system.... just a lot of watches fittet together of all kinds of parts.

Ted1

28/12/09
Yep mines a v5 from eurotimez and Ive no coronet either. Plus it has the ridiculous super dome. I find it very annoying...Petrhaps time to contact Robert

D

d4m.test

Is the DSSD supposed to have an etched crown on the crystal at the 6? Haven't heard anyone in the reviews of it mention if it's supposed to be there or not...

it is very small,markh you should try with a light

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
cool. i'll check it out. got mine from D4M before he shut down. ultimate version. it's awesome regardless... i was just curious.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
The crystal on my Trevor watch does not have the coronet, but it is not the super domed crystal that has been on some of the previous versions either. So its obvious there are alot of different crystals out there.
I also found it interesting that the V3 crystal would not fit in this watch case even with swapping the gaskets.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
i just checked cbr's avatar icon with a loupe and there are NO visible babes anywhere.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Hey, TB does your Trevor SDDS have a coronet at 6? If it does, I might want to contact him and ask for another crystal.