• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak SS bracelet as Jewellery

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Was just wondering if anybody has had any success adapting a Royal Oak SS bracelet to be worn as jewellery sans watch. I know the fashion label Alyx did a collaboration with AP for something similar, it’s not brushed steel though and feels a bit cheap/tacky.

Any feedback appreciated!

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
That is not very good, none of the quality of finishing even of the reps, let alone gen.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Wondering if it would be possible to make one out of a SS strap and some extra links.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Wondering if it would be possible to make one out of a SS strap and some extra links.

I don't see why not, however if you want a bracelet with a constant width all around the wrist, then you'll need at least 2 rep bracelets, as the only half of the links have the same width, then they become wider and wider as they get closer to the case

May start to be a little expensive just for a bracelet but up to you. You can probably ask your TD for a couple of JF bracelets ?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Thank you for the feedback! Good to know, I’ll look into getting two straps then.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
I don't see why not, however if you want a bracelet with a constant width all around the wrist, then you'll need at least 2 rep bracelets, as the only half of the links have the same width, then they become wider and wider as they get closer to the case

May start to be a little expensive just for a bracelet but up to you. You can probably ask your TD for a couple of JF bracelets ?

You’re right, a little on the pricey side. Quoted 178 USD per bracelet, still doable.

realgenericuser

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/17
Old thread, but I did this. It took 4 donor bracelets. You have to cut one link (so that you only use the small connector pieces from the cut link). I used 30 dollar bracelets so it cost about ~120 (don't remember shipping). I have seen the real Alyx bracelet in real life and this is 8000% nicer. Alyx intentionally polished it to be different enough not to upset AP. I may polish mine. I used the AP clasp, but you could buy the Alyx clasp (it makes it hard to put the damn thing on).

I wear when I want to remind myself that I am ignoring time, but still have a little flash. "It's not that cheap Alyx bracelet. It's custom." ;)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Old thread, but I did this. It took 4 donor bracelets. You have to cut one link (so that you only use the small connector pieces from the cut link). I used 30 dollar bracelets so it cost about ~120 (don't remember shipping). I have seen the real Alyx bracelet in real life and this is 8000% nicer. Alyx intentionally polished it to be different enough not to upset AP. I may polish mine. I used the AP clasp, but you could buy the Alyx clasp (it makes it hard to put the damn thing on).

I wear when I want to remind myself that I am ignoring time, but still have a little flash. "It's not that cheap Alyx bracelet. It's custom." ;)
Id very much like to see the result of your labours. Pics please! :)

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Interested to see results

realgenericuser

25/2/17
Took longer than an evening, but here is a couple quick shots. As you can see I see used the removable links all the way through. I debated including two clasps, but in the end I went with one.

Reactions: Kielxx

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
Although not really my style I think it’s a cool idea and I actually think you pulled it off pretty good!

Wear in good health Sir!

realgenericuser

25/2/17
Although not really my style I think it’s a cool idea and I actually think you pulled it off pretty good!

Wear in good health Sir!
It is definitely not for everyone. I really like the ALYX-signature rollercoaster belts (not to everyone's taste either). I think that the royal oak bracelet was just really cheaply and poorly done. https://hypebeast.com/2020/3/the-audemar-piguet-royal-oak-inspires-1017-alyx-9sms-latest-bracelet

There's no way I would pay even $100 for that (and I have seen it IRL). I liked the look so I built the audemars bracelet. I wouldn't try to sell anyone on bracelets in general, but I would say mine is way more fun than the ALYX--and it looks a hell of a lot more robust. To make it look different that the watch, I still may have it polished. Anyway, thanks for checking it out.

Reactions: SwePe