• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello

chr1s60

Renowned Member
4/6/17
Hello everyone!

I guess I should have made this post a few days back when I signed up, but I never really got around to it because I was sidetracked by the numerous other areas of the site.

Anyway, I have collected gen. watches on and off over the past 15 years or so and have owned and still own numerous pieces from many price ranges and brands. My only rep. watch purchases came about 12 years ago or so when I bought two cheaper Rolex fakes from a family friend. One lasted about 3 years and the other still runs today. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the newer reps out there and learning new info along the way. I also wanted to pass along a thank you to all the members and mods. I'm sure some nasty ones slip through now and then, but the majority of people on the site seem to be helpful and dedicated to keeping this place somewhere people can trust and enjoy to come.

So, hello again! I'm sure I will be talking to many of you in the future!

chr1s60

Renowned Member
4/6/17
Welcome! What do you think you'll buy?

That's a good question. Starting off, I am going after some random used pieces that catch my eye. I have no issue with the trial and error method as I know I can always sell pieces in my collection if I don't like them. I'm sure over time that will lead to me fine tuning what I like and am looking for in a rep.

The only specific watch I am looking for to start is a Rolex Air-King 116900. I'm in no rush so if I can't find a used one in a reasonable amount of time I may just end up ordering one as I learn more about going that route, but time will tell on that one.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I don't know much about that model so can't offer any specific advice sorry. I don't see them come up on m2m very often. Don't be reluctant to order from a td. Just read the noob threads and you'll be fine