• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO@12 Price drop?

tocqueville

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/07
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the AP ROO for quite some time now. I had started look even before they took out the sec@9 models. I was really impressed when the sec@9 model came out and started collecting money to try to buy that for around $350. Just as I had set my mind on buying that, the AP ROO with sec@12 came out. Now I am in a huge dilemma. For me getting one that is closest to the Gen is very important, so of course getting the AP ROO with@12 was my first thought. But for that I will have to sell 3 other watches in my collection and just buy that one.

I wanted to get a testimonial on people who have bought the AP ROO @12 and how it compares to the one @9. I heard that besides just the seconds at 12, the finishing touches on the new AP ROO is even better. Is this true?

Also, another major concern for me is the movement. How reliable is this movement. There is the theory that a modified movement will give you trouble, but has anyone had trouble with this movement so far? If not, it might just be like the myth of the fading gold.

Would you be kind enough to share your views.

Toc

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
I have both, and the finishing is better on the secs@12. Also, the datefont and date window is correct. It is much better, so you get what you pay for!

alwayslate

7/5/08
I've gotten all of my AP secs @12 from Puretime so I can't speak for the quality of other vendors. PT's APs are top notch in finish except for my black theme which one of the link pins fell out when it's not supposed to. I'll be replacing it with a black hornback. Reliability is perfect. I wear my APs on a regular basis, rotating amongst the designs and it has served me well over the last couple of months. Time keeping is pretty spot-on, no slow downs or speed ups.

IMO, you should get the secs @12 if you have not gotten any AP reps before. And if you already have a couple of AP reps with the non-working secs @12, REPLACE ALL OF THEM now! That's what I'm gonna do...kicking myself in the nuts every single time I buy a similar design just to replace an existing less-superior rep.

lovereps

Known Member
4/8/08
alwayslate said:
I've gotten all of my AP secs @12 from Puretime so I can't speak for the quality of other vendors. PT's APs are top notch in finish except for my black theme which one of the link pins fell out when it's not supposed to. I'll be replacing it with a black hornback. Reliability is perfect. I wear my APs on a regular basis, rotating amongst the designs and it has served me well over the last couple of months. Time keeping is pretty spot-on, no slow downs or speed ups.

IMO, you should get the secs @12 if you have not gotten any AP reps before. And if you already have a couple of AP reps with the non-working secs @12, REPLACE ALL OF THEM now! That's what I'm gonna do...kicking myself in the nuts every single time I buy a similar design just to replace an existing less-superior rep.
Hey!

How's your AP ROO Safari doin? How's the Hornback strap om that? Could you post some pictures of your ROOs?

Thanks!