• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Vintage Panda Daytona

chinachinaman

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/15
A member today quoted this me this price for a Franken. Just wanted to know from the forum if it's worth the money or a ripoff. I ask this only because I'm not familiar with vintage Daytonas.

Cartel case with venus inside
Refinished by RA
MQ dial
Gen coronet on the dial
Gen crown
Gen bracelet
Gen old Crystal
Phong prototype pushers

2500 Euros for This one

Comments please?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
[MENTION=3148]watchguyusa1[/MENTION] might have a little insight on this for you.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Seems around about the right figure,difficult to say precisely without seeing it.
But if you're going to spend this sort of money on what is after all a rep watch , I would respectfully recommend you do more reading on the subject, educate yourself so that you are not reliant on the advice of others.

chinachinaman

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/15
I've tried doing my research with the dw builds and watchguyusa's builds. Unfortunately there's not much info I managed to get. Hence I opted to post it. Nevertheless, I've gotten an answer from another member. Have decided not to proceed as the price point is too high for the build.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

porsche356

Known Member
23/11/07
i mean, budget 400-500 for a modder like RA to to even touch the work.
then the actual watch (rep base) will run you what, 300-400?
Now you're at 800.
MQ dial puts you over a grand easy.

Then you want a gen bracelet because gen is gen.
Then you also have to cannibalize a real coronet because the shaping on the reps is too ''blocky.''

if the price is too high for the build...it's because you don't have the cash, not because the builders are ripping you off.

Maybe grab a cartel Daytona for a few hundred, rock it for a while, and see if you want to take the watch to the next level or 3?