• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone restocking JJF Overseas SS

mule play

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/13
I agree. The bezel is wrong on the QC pictures above. The Deep Stream has a dull titanium bezel...not polished steel. Looks nice except for the bezel. Then again, who is going to call this out since these models are very rare.

thepretender365

9/8/16
Then again, who is going to call this out since these models are very rare.

This - you'd have to be having it inspected by someone not just knowledgable in watches, but specifically be familiar with VC models. Given the breadth of models released over the years its highly unlikely that it would get picked up.

Its not like obvious tells on a Rolex or Omega.

Besides on those QC picks i'd be more concerned the dial seems misaligned.

Last edited:
Reactions: mule play

thepretender365

9/8/16
Received some QC pics on the overseas white - there seems to a dial alignment issue, which looking at the pictures above of the black dial are present on that version too.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Received some QC pics on the overseas white - there seems to a dial alignment issue, which looking at the pictures above of the black dial are present on that version too.

How the misalignment looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thepretender365

9/8/16
To keep in line with the rules I won't mention the TD as I am sure they will find a better version but see below.
Seems dial has been set a few mm anti-clockwise from being correct.

Same on the black dial version on previous page.

Also the date is not aligned centre of the date window. But that can happen on any rep.

IMG-4059.jpg

upload image

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
There's a guy selling one on Repgeek

thepretender365

9/8/16
I've just had to RL another Overseas from JJF. Dial alingment way off again (picture below). I'm hoping the 3rd attempt gets it right but seems there may be a problem with a batch.

Its a shame because otherwise everything is great. I am wondering whether I bit the bullet on one thats close enough and then send it off to have the dial aligned properly.

IMG-9127.jpg

share online

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Yeah let’s see im still waiting . If not keep me on your list :)

I am also looking for a white on SS bracelet. Let us know if you get QC. I was told JJF stopped production since Nov 2019. Anything sold now is leftover stock. Getting different messages from each TD, not sure whom to believe.

thepretender365

9/8/16
FYI - I ordered a 'JJF' white dial on rubber from a TD on here and when it turned up it had 8F factory on the label.
I'm really disappointed as I checked this with them and I was assured it was JJF factory.

The leftover stock is also rejected QC - I RL'd 3 for dial alignment issues and eventually said OK to the closest one. It appears that whatever is left from JJF has been passed over to whoever 8F are and its the rejected stock.

edit: I also wonder if it was even JJF in the first place. What I received didn't have the accent over the e in Geneve. JJF versions do.

Last edited:

Kobkob90

23/7/20
North America
No luck here no they are saying it’s not in stock - I been trying to get this watch for a long time . Frustrating

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
So I'm looking for one myself. I'm relatively new here. Is it fair to summaries from this and other posts that there are none of the overseas series of watches being manufactured as a high end rep at the moment. If stock does become availalble, it's likely to be previously rejected stock (QC) from an older batch?

I'd love a blue dial

tdk1010

23/10/19
So I'm looking for one myself. I'm relatively new here. Is it fair to summaries from this and other posts that there are none of the overseas series of watches being manufactured as a high end rep at the moment. If stock does become availalble, it's likely to be previously rejected stock (QC) from an older batch?

I'd love a blue dial

For JJF, that is the case. Been waiting for one since January.

There is the XF Overseas Ultra-thin though.

Reactions: WatchMeSailor