• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone have a garbage watch case?

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I do 3d modeling and precision machining (was a tool and die maker for 20+ years). I want to model an omega watch case preferably, or an older rolex. I want to make an accurate CAD model of it and make it. I just need a case in basically any condition so I can take accurate measurements. I would love to do an omega, or maybe an older rolex with the drilled lugs and no rehaut engraving (probably much easier to make).

This is what I do for a living, and I'm good at it. I would probably only need it for a few days to model it in CAD, and would return it. Once I make a prototype I could send it to someone like @KJ2020 to compare and make a punch list for modifications. I'm thinking on such an organic model it may take a few tries to get it right. After I have it tooled up and fixtured I could bang these out for people who are interested.

My endgame is to ultimately design my own watch, but I figured this would be a good way to start my journey.

Reactions: KJ2020

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I'm happy to report that @Art Tic sent me two cool watch heads- and old style sub and an old style smp. The sub has no movement so that should be pretty easy, but the smp has all the goodies still in it. I'm not super keen about taking it apart down to the case.....would anyone with more experience than me want to take a crack at disassembling it? I really only need the case, caseback and bezel (and what ever parts go with that). @KJ2020, might you be interested? I would like to send you my versions of the cases for critique later as well.

Reactions: RepPossessed

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hello ... any updates about that project ?.. Did you achieved to make your watch case ?..

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
No case yet, but have been making all the other parts. See thread here: