• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP needed with noob Pam 127

Sljc

Horology Curious
18/10/12
Hi all,

While winding my noob 127, the crown suddenly spring back in the opposite direction of wind. I immediately closed the guard and upon close inspection found one of the screww loose(refer to pic).
E90B7D0C-759D-46F8-9E15-5675E1AC26CC-2481-00000226601A3E6C_zpsd149b275.jpg

Please advise on how to go about fixing this? Do i simply screw in the loose screw or what? At the moment the watch is still running....will there be any implications if I let the watch power reserve run out?

Thanks for all advise.

Sljc

Horology Curious
18/10/12
Just to be clear, the crown will keep turning in the opposite direction of wind if I never hold the crown or never close the CG lever.

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
That is called the click, and the click screw is loose. This should be an easy fix for you.

Let the watch wind down first. If it sprang back this should not take to long.

Take off the case back, and see if you can just tighten the screw. Be careful though, there is a small "c" shaped spring under the click. If it came loose then it is somewhere on top or in the movement.

After you try to tighten the screw, take your screw driver and and move the click forward and back. If it feels tight, and pushes against the gear, slowly try to wind the watch and see if the click holds tight at each tooth of the gear. If so you should be good to go.

If it is still loose ors sloppy, the spring might have come loose or came out all together. You will need to find it and or put it back in place under the click. The spring has a small bend at one end that sits in a small hole under the click. It really can't be put in wrong once you see the hole. Once it is back in place, lay the click back on top and tighten down the screw.

Hope this makes sense... There is a video or, a help thread on this, I will try and find you the link