• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Submersible with the Professor's Touch - VSF PAM 1209

RYenZero

Professional Coin Tosser
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/4/20
United States
Just got my VSF PAM 1209 back, The Professor never disappoints! I got the watch from Sead two weeks ago and wasted no time getting this out to The Professor for a new crystal. I need to be better about taking before and after photos (tho, what I really need is a better camera). Because these photos do it absolute no justice! Watch looks absolutely amazing when the sunlight hits the crystal.

For those who are considering or who may be on the fence about investing in a replacement crystal--just do it. You will not regret getting a prof crystal installed on your watch!

Photo: VSF PAM 1209 (Sourced from Sead) with Prof Crystal and gen Panerai MXE0BWX0 rubber strap. Also in the photo is my VSF PAM 683 (Sourced from Trusty) with Prof Crystal.

I am now trying to decide which in my collection I'll be sending out to the professor next.

Yakuzi

Horology Curious
17/10/21
How long does it usually take to receive a reply from prof? Ive emailed his comcast email a week ago, to no response…

RYenZero

Professional Coin Tosser
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/4/20
United States
He's usually very quick in responding, maybe 1 or 2 days at most. Could be that he's on vacation for spring break. You can also try direct messaging him here through RWI Forum at rnrprof.

Reactions: Elno38

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Just got my VSF PAM 1209 back, The Professor never disappoints! I got the watch from Sead two weeks ago and wasted no time getting this out to The Professor for a new crystal. I need to be better about taking before and after photos (tho, what I really need is a better camera). Because these photos do it absolute no justice! Watch looks absolutely amazing when the sunlight hits the crystal.

For those who are considering or who may be on the fence about investing in a replacement crystal--just do it. You will not regret getting a prof crystal installed on your watch!

Photo: VSF PAM 1209 (Sourced from Sead) with Prof Crystal and gen Panerai MXE0BWX0 rubber strap. Also in the photo is my VSF PAM 683 (Sourced from Trusty) with Prof Crystal.

I am now trying to decide which in my collection I'll be sending out to the professor next.

How is the PAM683? looking at photos it seems pretty close and NWBIG?

Was looking at trying it out haha!

RYenZero

Professional Coin Tosser
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/4/20
United States
How is the PAM683? looking at photos it seems pretty close and NWBIG?

Was looking at trying it out haha!
It's pretty damn good but its not gen. Biggest flaw is case thickness due to movement. I tried on gen, and its certainly more refined in terms of dial, dial hands, case finish. But I'd say it's worthy of a "NWBIG" classification.

Gen Video:

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
It's pretty damn good but its not gen. Biggest flaw is case thickness due to movement. I tried on gen, and its certainly more refined in terms of dial, dial hands, case finish. But I'd say it's worthy of a "NWBIG" classification.

Gen Video:

As much as i was about to pull the trigger... the IWC Ingenieur is out with a v2 updated dial. The white one will be soon on its way instead! haha