• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AMF Super Franken Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Panda

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
We believe we have built the best AP franken build in the hobby. Let us share the story of this.

We share this to show all different sides of what we do. We wanted to showcase nothing but the best and this project just finish shows it for AP Offshore ROO. The issues with the average AP franken, other than the visual differences in commonly used aftermarket hands and datewheel and also include the vertical geometry of the watch, the subtle differences in the case, and the overall appearance of the watch. We wanted to address this and went all the way in. This journey started about a few several months before us launching AMF when we were offered a full genuine case set and shared it with our customer who loved it and it is completed only last week with the final screw going in just now as the bracelet arrived. The sourcing of the gen parts took a long time, and cost above the originally planned budget, but is all worth the while at the end to us. The parts were ordered from very reliable and resourceful sources we have been working with for a long time.

Parts used, all brand new:

1. Gen Dial

2. Gen Tachy

3. Gen hands set, all 6 hands

4. Gen complete 3126/3840 caliber with cyclop, gen modern font datewheel and rotor

5. Gen midcase, bezel, plots and caseback

6. Gen crown and pushers

7. Gen gaskets, seal set for AP ROO

8. Gen connecting screw set

9. Gen crystal

10. Gen bracelet

11. Rep lug screw

The work, as you can imagine, is relatively simple after all the parts arrive and are inspected and check to be good.. One point we want to highlight is that this is a regular production H serial gen case set, and not a factory reject or prototype etc., which are a lot easier to obtain as they come up here and there.. This mean that the case set is identical to the ones sold by AP through their boutiques, and the serial number is actually one which is in the AP records. We believe that details other than the watch parts need to be taken care of in such a project. The watch needs for example to be able to be scrutinised thorough through any way. This is something which some other gensteins cannot do due to the discrepancy correctness between the case set and caliber used. It was never an option for the owner to go with anything else than the full correct gen movement in all its parts from every screw to every gear and we managed to get exactly this. We are very happy to have been able to work on this project and source everything. Understanding the root of such a luxury watch is important, and we spare no effort in getting this established. So you get not just a watch which is 100% built from gen AP parts, but an ownership experience unlike any other because of the history of the watch. Owning a watch like this is not just about the parts used, but more importantly, about the experience and connection as owner.

j12Q4P.jpg

j12lgW.jpg

j12CmS.jpg

j12PPQ.jpg

j12kt8.jpg

j12wNK.jpg

j12T0L.jpg

j12deR.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really awesome build.
The time and effort which went into this project must be beyond prodigious. Thank you AMF for providing an example of how the correct AP franken should look.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Drumroll… anticipatory silence … and — the final cost is/was??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ssl

Horology Curious
8/8/21
Wow, what an insane build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Oh my, this is like a gen ROO, only was'nt it build in AP's factory.

As I don't (can't) have intends to buy I'm not even stepping in the price question, in that exceptional range of builds it would only be voyeurism. But the buyer will go for a major pleasure buy here indeed.

Insane built, bravo !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: kavorca1

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Great work. Price point must be scary tho.

Gen ROOs have lost a lot of popularity in recent years, especially here in the U.K.

By the way, what happens when you need movement parts? Can you readily order spare movement parts or is it like everything else in the franken game (ie wait months and months to see if something crops up somewhere in the world)?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
By the way is this for sale or for a customer. What’s the price?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
This is not superfranken, this is a genuine AP... Amazing work

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
By the way, what happens when you need movement parts? Can you readily order spare movement parts or is it like everything else in the franken game (ie wait months and months to see if something crops up somewhere in the world)?
We have access to some movement parts if need replacement or service but not all. The parts we do not, we also have to source painstakingly but it works after a while normally. The overall total price was in the 5 figure area. It was a commission build for a customer..

Reactions: mech500