• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Always small issues with trusty

Steffen3010

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/9/18
Germany
Unfortunately, I almost never had a good experience with Andrew. I have ordered watches several times and there were always problems. I thought again and again I give him another chance but it always gets fucked up.

Of the last 3 orders, 2 were faulty. In 2020 I ordered an Oris Great Barrier Reef, it was totally off center, hard to see on the QC pictures due to the angle. Okay I got a $30 discount on the next order, everything was fine with that one too.

Now I got a watch delivered with rust on the band. If you know it’s there you can see it on the QCs but I missed it. My mistake I should have checked better but shouldn't a so called trusted dealer recognize rust and sort out a rust spot on his own?

I don't even want to discuss this topic with Andrew, I don't need a fucking 30$ discount on the next order, I'm just tired of it.

Reactions: rolex_sub

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Unfortunately, I almost never had a good experience with Andrew. I have ordered watches several times and there were always problems. I thought again and again I give him another chance but it always gets fucked up.

Of the last 3 orders, 2 were faulty. In 2020 I ordered an Oris Great Barrier Reef, it was totally off center, hard to see on the QC pictures due to the angle. Okay I got a $30 discount on the next order, everything was fine with that one too.

Now I got a watch delivered with rust on the band. If you know it’s there you can see it on the QCs but I missed it. My mistake I should have checked better but shouldn't a so called trusted dealer recognize rust and sort out a rust spot on his own?

I don't even want to discuss this topic with Andrew, I don't need a fucking 30$ discount on the next order, I'm just tired of it.

I understand you brother. If you travel with Trusty more regularly than you, you get to know what you are entitled to. I don't even want to list what was already there - in any case, I always got the watch that was in the pictures and it always arrived. No more and no less.

Sentences like "Its normal like this" just have to be familiar.
It is a mystery to me how this gentleman can still establish himself here as a TD after the numerous reports that one reads in the worldwide watch forums. That means not really. Even if you can find the following about Trustytime in the forum abbreviation thread for noobs:

"Trustytime 'aka Andrew': One of the Cartel dealer's. Works hand in hand with Perfect Clones. No longer a recommended dealer due to disreputable business practices. (See Perfect Clones)."

Then I think that something with the damn selection of TDs here at RWI can't run quite smoothly, I strongly suspect that money has flowed so that he is listed here as a TD again.

But those are just my thoughts. I no longer buy from Andrew.

modernartemis

Horology Curious
14/7/22
I just ordered from them before seeing this- hoping to share a positive experience. I felt comfortable with it because they do credit cards and Andrew is always very responsive. Were you able to remove the rust on the watch? Did it work otherwise?

Thank you for sharing your experience.